Graphics
2 X Gigabyte GTX 4GB 760s
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys got an issue and need some help.

I've been trying since 10.8.5 came out to get my build to boot and just can't seem to get to the desktop. I followed the unibeast guide and was able to install 10.8.5. As soon as I tried to boot into the mountain lion partition I get a kernel panic. I have a screen shot but I can't upload it to be large enough to read so I typed as much as i could below.

Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address
*string of letters and numbers*
can't perform kext scan: no kext summary
BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown
Boot args: boot-uuid-OFF1B8ED-01C6-B3FB-37AEF1235C92 rd=*uuid PCIRootUID=1 -v

Mac OS version:
Not yet set

Kernal Version
Darwin Kernal Version 12.5.0: Mon Jul 29 16:33:49 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2050.48.11~1/RELEASE_X86_64
Kernal UUID: B1B58405-A2B2-3C44-B25D-495053D52AB5

System uptime in nanoseconds: 0

I've entered a number of boot flags and tried safe mode, adjusted BIOS settings, but still won't go. Don't know if I should give up and wait until a new unibeast comes out or what I'm doing wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

GA-Z87X-OC
16gb G.Skill RAM
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb
GTX 760

Ok so I decided to try and start over from scratch. Removed graphic card from the equation. I unplugged the ssd, turned on the computer, booted using USB and got to the install screen. Plugged ssd back in and didn't show up on disk utility so I restarted.
Started back up, chose usb, kernel panic. Shut down, unplugged ssd again.
Start up, Chose USB to try and reach install screen to delete genericUSBXHCI but got kernel panic. WTF!!!
I didn't change a thing and it won't let me back in. I'm fresh out of ideas.

Got back into installer by disabling XHCI in BIOS. Trying to figure out how to delete kext in terminal from install menu.

Seems removing the graphic card and disabling XHCI and booting -x seems to have done the trick. Got in, used Multibeast, installed latest Chimera and so far everything is golden except audio, but I'm using a sound bar hooked to the optical port so that may not be the most compatible or best device to test audio. Haven't reinstalled the graphic card yet, but hopefully I don't run into any snags. Huge thanks to MacMan and TonyMac and everyone who helps new guys like me!

Ok I have the graphic card reinstalled and ran into white screen. Was able to get it to work perfectly by doing the following.
Setting BIOS>peripherals>Initial Graphics to PCIe 1.
Entered boot flags GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1.
To make it permanent I went into the HD>Extra>org.chameleon.Boot.plist and under where you'll see <key>GraphicsEnabler</key> you need to replace <string>Yes</string> with <string>No</string>

After that I'm running perfect so far other than audio. I searched a bit for that and played around with it, but didn't get anywhere. If anyone was able to find a fix on that let me know please. Also if you think I missed a step and might run into problems please chime in. Thanks guys!

Hi Tylerrouse,
I am having the same issue as you with Audio, I have a Z87-HD3, so they are the same audio chipset. There is a guide here, http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/76202-mountain-lion-optimized-applehda-realtek-alc8xx.html

I haven't had the chance to go through it yet, but if you give it a go and let me know how you go on, please let me know.

Thanks,
Charlie

Awesome. Thank you Charlie. It's getting late so I'll re-attack tomorrow afternoon

I've got a dual boot machine and figured I'd paste instructions here for anyone looking to get rid of the pesky Windows NTFS drive that appears at the Chimera boot selection screen. Thanks to "Going Bald" for this guide.

Boot into windows
Open explorer and right click C: drive and select properties
Under the General Tab in the blank space next to the drive icon name your drive (I used Windows 7) and click apply
Boot into OSX
Open HD>Extra>org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Add following key:

<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>Windows 7</string>

On reboot the NTFS drive is gone and you're left with OSX and System Reserved

I haven't figured out a way to rename "System Reserved" to Windows 7 though which I think would be a nice touch, but I'm a neat freak. Probably doesn't bother anyone else.

Decided to do a fresh install using the new unibeast 2.1 when I saw it went up this morning. Install went fine, but even after running the most recent multibeast I still can't get to the desktop without having to enter GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 -x every time I startup. I double checked all my BIOS settings and have changed my system definition. I checked the boxes for graphicenabler no and pcirootuid 1 in multibeast. This confuses me because I followed the same procedure as yesterday with the previous version of unibeast, but something's not working after using 2.1

Another issue is that I get a lot of screen flickering when I pull up safari and windows are really jerky. That wasn't happening yesterday either.

For some reason, installing and setup does not like graphic cards. Removed it, installed OSX, ran multibeast, updated to Chimera 2.2, edited plist to include IGPEnabler Yes and boots without a hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back