Contribute
Register

Haswell 10.8.5 no boot without Safe Mode, Any Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4570
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 / MSI R7770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I think it's a graphic issue (although I'm using GraphicEnabler=No) but without Safe Mode my boot always stops at:

kernel: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 3153
awacsd: Exiting
kernel: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport] [configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- this = 0xffffff80208a8400 ****
kernel: [IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService

Here's my MultiBeast, Chimera, org.chameleon.Boot.plist setup if it helps:

Screen Shot 2013-09-20 at 3.48.45 PM.jpg

Any advice or relevant [Solved/fixed] threads would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance, guys.

I don't think its a bluetooth problem. I might be having the same issue and after deleting the bluetooth kexts its still the same problem but now the bluetooth errors are gone.
Only -x works for me. I think the integrated GPU is the problem but I have no idea how to fix it and no other GPU to try.

This is my first Hackintosh so I barely know what I'm doing, but what worked for me was disabling my integrated graphics card in the BIOS and setting GraphicsEnabler=No in MultiBeast 5.5.

I'm running a GTX 680.

I actually think my problem is my secondary NTFS HDD but I don't know how to fix it

[Edit: Nope, not the NTFS drive :( ]

I think it's a graphic issue (although I'm using GraphicEnabler=No) but without Safe Mode my boot always stops at:

kernel: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 3153
awacsd: Exiting
kernel: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport] [configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- this = 0xffffff80208a8400 ****
kernel: [IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService

Here's my MultiBeast, Chimera, org.chameleon.Boot.plist setup if it helps:

View attachment 67807

Any advice or relevant [Solved/fixed] threads would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance, guys.

I am having the same issue. Got through the install just fine but now I cannot boot into mac os x without safe mode. Tried graphicenabler=no/yes and still nothing. I also have a haswell processor. Let me know if you figure it out and I will do the same.

Similar problems here. I physically disconnected my two HDs and pulled out the graphics card to eliminate some of the confusion. I did a fresh install to the SSD but still could only boot in safe mode (-x).

Having spent most of last week trying and retrying to get 10.8.5 running on my Haswell system, I have finally gone back to 10.8.4. There appears to be denial in the main part of this site that these problems exist.

Similar problems here. I physically disconnected my two HDs and pulled out the graphics card to eliminate some of the confusion. I did a fresh install to the SSD but still could only boot in safe mode (-x).

Having spent most of last week trying and retrying to get 10.8.5 running on my Haswell system, I have finally gone back to 10.8.4. There appears to be denial in the main part of this site that these problems exist.

Decided to try a few things just now. My system booted with graphicsenabler=no and npci=0x3000

Correction. Got it to boot with npci=0x3000

IGPEnabler=Yes
IGPlatformID=0166000A

fixed it for me.

1. Where do I enter this?
2. I have Intel HD 4600, so should I use 0260000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back