Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
or is it even possible?

building a hackintosh into a mac mini shell? or are they not even micro ITX size?

µATX dimensions: 244 x 244 mm
Mac mini dimensions: 197 x 197 mm

Unfortunately impossible, but there are quite a few really small cases out there one might use for a small-footprint hack.

EDIT: That's for the current mini, but I think the white one wasn't that much bigger.

flatfoot said:
Mini-ITX: 170x170mm

Unfortunately impossible, but there are quite a few really small cases out there one might use for a small-footprint hack.

EDIT: That's for the current mini, but I think the white one wasn't that much bigger.

Not sure if anybody did that..
But Mini-ITX dimensions should match the size of that case...

Lnx2Mac said:
flatfoot said:
Mini-ITX: 170x170mm

Not sure if anybody did that..
But Mini-ITX dimensions should match the size of that case...

Ah, sorry, my bad... :oops:

Will the miniITX board support on board graphics via hackintosh?

I did see somebody list parts that will fit into the older bigger Mac Mini on another site.
I will dig for it later but I know I saw it. I also know somebody who has plains for that kind of build later on as well, I will hit him up and see if he started yet and what mobo he was looking at to do it.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uayELibjHEA[/VIDEO]

Lifehacker did it, probably

was just a thought more than anything gna sit back before i put together my matx build then, if this is possible i may do it, i dont mind safrificing a super gfx card

rowwwgan said:
or is it even possible?

building a hackintosh into a mac mini shell? or are they not even micro ITX size?

Well the original Mini Mac had a PC equivalent by AOpen and was model MP945:

Feature

Socket M, Support Intel Core 2 Duo, Core Duo, Core Solo and Celeron M 4xx CPU
Intel 945GM + ICH7M-DH Chipset
Support Intel Viiv Technology
Powerful Graphics core Intel GMA 950 with DirectX9 support
Support SO-DIMM DDRII 533/667 x 1, up to 2GB
ALC880 High Definition Audio Codec 7.1 Channel Output
Expandable mini PCI slot, supports Wireless card and TV Tuner Card
Support one 2.5" S-ATA HDD and one Slim ODD
On-board Gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0 Port, IEEE 1394 Port
Built-in IR Receiver + Remote Control
Small to be everywhere, 165mm x 165mm x 50mm, 1,36L

I purchased one what seems like many years ago. I have had OS X on it just to see if it could be done (and it can). It is now back running Win XP and used by my daughter for web browsing and syncing her iPhone and iPad. Very space efficient.

neil

What would look pretty neat is if you can find 2 mac mini cases, and stack them(especially if the bottom was a server and had no disc drive slot). An awesome case modder did something like that with a pair of old linksys routers!

bt320gviewer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back