Motherboard
Gigabyte H107N-WiFi
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
HD530
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Has anyone tried installing Yosemite on this motherboard but using Clover? Then after installation, install Clover as the default bootloader?

i tried to migrate from chimera to clover without the install but only got a black screen. not sure how to fix it. Im thinking of doing a fresh install since its on a its own drive and won't affect my other operating systems but not sure if its worth all the effort for iMessage as everything else works great.

Edit: i went ahead and tried it. this is my plist.
View attachment config copy.plist

It works. haven't tried iMessage as I'm still trying to get my triple boot back up and running. Clover doesn't see the drives in the boot loader.

Last edited:
Yes. I followed the guide “How to Install OS X Yosemite using Clover” which got me up and running using the UEFI method with the only change being needing to remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi on the boot drive EFI partition. I followed the recommended BIOS settings and set X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1. Subsequently, I got both ethernet ports working (AppleIntelE1000e.kext and AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext), audio working following toleda’s guide (haven’t tested input or S/PDIF), iMessage working following jaymonkey’s guide, enabled TRIM, and fixed the boot screen garble I was seeing.

My build:
GIGABYTE GA-H97N-WIFI (BIOS v.F4)
Intel Core i5-4690
Intel HD 4600
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB SSD
TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 3TB 3.5" Internal HDD
Cooler Master V550 PSU
Dell U2412M (over DVI)
OS X 10.10 (14A389)
Clover r2976
System profile: iMac 14,2

Outstanding problems:
Wifi isn't working, as expected -- the included card isn't supported.
Bluetooth isn't working right; although I have read claims the included card is supported, BT sometimes disappears and I've locked up System Preferences trying to pair -- but I don't rely on BT so I haven't done much testing to see what exactly is working or try to come up with any fixes.
Waking from a longer period of sleep results in crashes or spontaneous reboots; short sleeps seem to be ok.

Hmm… Spotlight isn't something I can do without, unfortunately, but I don't recall anything in the logs suggesting that Spotlight might be involved with my particular problem. For now, it's easier for me to do without sleep than Spotlight anyway.

I have already prevented hibernation by running 'sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0'. The sleep problem I was having was with regular sleep: crashes and spontaneous reboots after extended sleep; unlike with hibernation the system did wake up, but things quickly went wrong from there. For now I've disabled sleep to test whether my system is stable otherwise -- so far, it is.

Hopefully I'll get regular sleep functional and then I may experiment with the AptioFix2 driver to get hibernation working.

Has Anyone Used Clover To Install Yosemite on Gigabyte H97N-WiFI Intel Clover

Alguien podria ayudarnos? no logro hacer andar el h97n-wifi con clover, y si llego a que prenda el video 4600 tiene solo 7mb de ram, alguien tendra un config.plist o un archivo de Clover para importar y sacarlo andando? estable sin Wifi obviamente

Could someone help? achievement do not walk the h97n-wifi with clover, and if I happen to pledge the 4600 has only 7mb video ram, someone will have a config.plist Clover or file to import and walk out? obviously stable without Wifi

Alguien podria ayudarnos? no logro hacer andar el h97n-wifi con clover, y si llego a que prenda el video 4600 tiene solo 7mb de ram, alguien tendra un config.plist o un archivo de Clover para importar y sacarlo andando? estable sin Wifi obviamente

See the forum rules

Rules said:
All posts must be made in English. Any and all posts in other languages will be deleted.

Could someone help? achievement do not walk the h97n-wifi with clover, and if I happen to pledge the 4600 has only 7mb video ram, someone will have a config.plist Clover or file to import and walk out? obviously stable without Wifi

Enable Intel Graphics injection in config.plist. Also you may have to use correct ig-platform id for HD4600. Read here for more information :http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...lags-igpenabler-igplatformid-igpdeviceid.html

For injecting the ig-platform id in clover method, read here : http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Graphics#ig-platform-id

Good Luck...!

Yes. I followed the guide “How to Install OS X Yosemite using Clover” which got me up and running using the UEFI method with the only change being needing to remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi on the boot drive EFI partition. I followed the recommended BIOS settings and set X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1. Subsequently, I got both ethernet ports working (AppleIntelE1000e.kext and AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext), audio working following toleda’s guide (haven’t tested input or S/PDIF), iMessage working following jaymonkey’s guide, enabled TRIM, and fixed the boot screen garble I was seeing.

My build:
GIGABYTE GA-H97N-WIFI (BIOS v.F4)
Intel Core i5-4690
Intel HD 4600
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB SSD
TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 3TB 3.5" Internal HDD
Cooler Master V550 PSU
Dell U2412M (over DVI)
OS X 10.10 (14A389)
Clover r2976
System profile: iMac 14,2

Outstanding problems:
Wifi isn't working, as expected -- the included card isn't supported.
Bluetooth isn't working right; although I have read claims the included card is supported, BT sometimes disappears and I've locked up System Preferences trying to pair -- but I don't rely on BT so I haven't done much testing to see what exactly is working or try to come up with any fixes.
Waking from a longer period of sleep results in crashes or spontaneous reboots; short sleeps seem to be ok.

How are you able to fix the "fixed the boot screen garble I was seeing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back