Contribute
Register

Has anyone tried ADATA XPG SX7000 NVME SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elite Desk 800 G4 SFF - Q370
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
WX 4100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There is a very good deal going for ADATA XPG SX7000 PCIe NVME M.2 SSD on Newegg. These are not as fast as Samsung Evo 960 but at $150 this is very compelling reason to buy.

Here are the advertised features of this drive:
  • PCIe Gen3x4 interface: R/W speed up to 1800/850MB/s
  • NVMe 1.2 Certified
  • Intelligent SLC Caching and DRAM Cache Buffer
  • 3D NAND TLC
  • Compact M.2 2280 form factor
  • 5 years Warranty
Has anyone tried this drive to install High Sierra? If yes, does it need any hacks?

I have a SX6000 and it was recognized by HS installer.
Thanks funkthew0rld for confirming.

I bought a Samsung Evo 960 thinking not to mess around too much with configs if the ADATA is not compatible.

I thought the price of the sx6000 was worth the gamble. its not as fast as I would have liked, but the price was right and I thought worst case I could use it for windows and use old sata 830 for macOS incase of issues.
But by all means the ADATA seems like a good buy, trim support is enabled by default and shows under NVMe in system profiler as "Apple SSD controller"

I have a SX6000 and it was recognized by HS installer.
How did you get the SX6000 to be recognised? adaptor etc? I have an MBP Ret 2015 with High Sierra - and Boot ROM version of MBP121.0171.B00 - I booted to Linux, and can't see/recognise the SSD. - any help is much appreciated.

How did you get the SX6000 to be recognised? adaptor etc? I have an MBP Ret 2015 with High Sierra - and Boot ROM version of MBP121.0171.B00 - I booted to Linux, and can't see/recognise the SSD. - any help is much appreciated.
I installed it in my m.2 slot and booted to recovery from my spinning disk. The reason for this is I was not going to do a fresh install on it just restore my current install over. It was immediately recognized with no kexts or patches on my GA-H270 board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back