Contribute
Register

Has anyone here attempted using a Coffee Lake CPU in a hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B250M PRO-VDH
CPU
Intel Pentium G4600
Graphics
Zotac GTX 1050 Mini
Hi everybody!

So a few weeks back Intel released the “Coffee Lake” Core-i CPUs (i3 8100, 8350K, i5 8400, 8600K, i7 8700, 8700K) that were set to be gaming monsters. I was wondering if anyone had tried any of these CPUs on a Hackintosh build?

Too new yet for macOS as Apple hasn't brought a Coffee Lake/30-series chipset Mac to market. Stay tuned for film at 11 (as the East coast TV newscasts advertise).

Too new yet for macOS as Apple hasn't brought a Coffee Lake/30-series chipset Mac to market. Stay tuned for film at 11 (as the East coast TV newscasts advertise).
Thanks for the fast reply. Guess we’ll just have to wait to extract the drivers once they do release one.

We'll probably just need to spoof the macOS to think it's a Kaby Lake processor using the FakeCPUID. But, I'm not the one to tell you how to do that. It will come soon, though.

Hi guys, i’d Like to get i3 8350k or 8100 over i5 7400...it would be my first build though and i’m Worried if it’ll be too much complicated to set the system up and running. Should I follow the normal installation procedure or the steps are different? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back