Contribute
Register

Has anyone gotten Intel GMA x4500 Working with QE/CI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i5-2410m
Graphics
HD 3000 & RX 490m
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys I have dabbled with running SL on this machine before with not so much success but vista is seriously going wrong due to updates from micocsoft so bit the bullet bought the lion update and if my card was still not supported then the option is to upgrade my machine.

Anyway, I am using a DSDT (although it has a couple of errors which are beyond my capabilities to rectify) and my graphics shows up in system profile as:
Chipset Model: GMAX3100
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2a42
Revision ID: 0x0007
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
I have googled my vendor and device id's and it's come up on 3 or 4 threads as GMA X4500
Not sure which I actually have because according to Acer it's intel GL40 lol

Anyway, back on topic.... 1 old test for QE/CI was to use front row and if it worked you had it and if it didn't then you're screwed... but obviously thats now gone...

Since using my dsdt I can now see an image in Grab which I couldn't before hand, and I did a google search for ways to check for QE/Ci and it was suggested If I can play chess then I have QE/CI... well I can play chess but when I try to use iMovie it says I do not have QE.

Does that mean I have the CI but not the QE? or do they come as a package deal?

Also when I try watching things on you tube it has a transparent window where the video should be.

I have tried this suggested method viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29005&p=211014#p211014 but the effect was 1366x786 resolution (which it is supposed to be) but it was horrendous to look at.

Has ANYONE managed to get full QE/CI working on the X4500?? if so... how?

1 last final ditch attempt at finding some working kext or method before committing to buying a HP Probook just because i'm that determined to ditch windows!

Re: QE/CI.. How to check if you have it???

Thanks IJHU but is that for both or just QE?
No ripple effect :(

Still would like some answers to the rest of my post though

Re: Has anyone gotten Intel GMA X3100 or GMA x4500 Working QE/CI

Also if anyone can help with my dsdt please i'd be very grateful.

Attachments

• dsdt 2.aml
    39.5 KB · Views: 418

is gma 4500 and 3150 supported (also patching some kexts)?
thanks!
k

kajmol said:
is gma 4500 and 3150 supported (also patching some kexts)?
thanks!
k
Not heard of 3150... the 3100 is working with some dsdt edits if that's the one you mean?

Any more information on this?

I have the same Vendor and Device ID and I'm 99% sure mine is a 4500 not a 3100 like its showing.

I have tried a few kext but most don't work or cause KP

i also have the problem that i can't change my screen resolution from 1024x768 any luck on that front?

Thanks

Hi guys I have dabbled with running SL on this machine before with not so much success but vista is seriously going wrong due to updates from micocsoft so bit the bullet bought the lion update and if my card was still not supported then the option is to upgrade my machine.

Anyway, I am using a DSDT (although it has a couple of errors which are beyond my capabilities to rectify) and my graphics shows up in system profile as:
Chipset Model: GMAX3100
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2a42
Revision ID: 0x0007
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
I have googled my vendor and device id's and it's come up on 3 or 4 threads as GMA X4500
Not sure which I actually have because according to Acer it's intel GL40 lol

Anyway, back on topic.... 1 old test for QE/CI was to use front row and if it worked you had it and if it didn't then you're screwed... but obviously thats now gone...

Since using my dsdt I can now see an image in Grab which I couldn't before hand, and I did a google search for ways to check for QE/Ci and it was suggested If I can play chess then I have QE/CI... well I can play chess but when I try to use iMovie it says I do not have QE.

Does that mean I have the CI but not the QE? or do they come as a package deal?

Also when I try watching things on you tube it has a transparent window where the video should be.

I have tried this suggested method viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29005&p=211014#p211014 but the effect was 1366x786 resolution (which it is supposed to be) but it was horrendous to look at.

Has ANYONE managed to get full QE/CI working on the X4500?? if so... how?

1 last final ditch attempt at finding some working kext or method before committing to buying a HP Probook just because i'm that determined to ditch windows!

GMA 4500MHD isn't supported, there are some kext that could make native/full resolution, but not QE/CI (in my knowledge).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back