Contribute
Register

Has anyone got a GA H61N-USB3 working in Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-B75M-D3P
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1050
Mac
  1. iMac
I recently got a 2nd hand GA H61N-USB3 & i5-3570 and I'm trying to install Sierra on it from a cheap HTPC build. I've followed the BIOS setting on older build (im currently on F8) and I can boot as far as the Apple logo, just after the clover menu. The loading bar goes about 1/3rd of the way and then it always crashes and reboots. I've tried various boot options but all have similar effects.

I've attached a screen shot of the kernel panic, I hope someone can help.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 162
I recently got a 2nd hand GA H61N-USB3 & i5-3570 and I'm trying to install Sierra on it from a cheap HTPC build. I've followed the BIOS setting on older build (im currently on F8) and I can boot as far as the Apple logo, just after the clover menu. The loading bar goes about 1/3rd of the way and then it always crashes and reboots. I've tried various boot options but all have similar effects.

Don't know if you've figured this out yet... but on the H61N-USB3 you need to disable USB3 support in the bios or you'll have those issues. After that you should be able to install everything fine.

You can fix the USB3 issue by using the proper kext. Just google 'H61N-USB3_Clover_Sierra.zip' for everything you need.

My i7 H61N-USB3 has been rock solid for years.

How did you make out? I have a H61N-USB3 i need to update but always afraid to update since always issues.

@dvandriesen, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

You have a 3570 and not a 3570K? If so the CPU graphics is not supported and you need a supported graphics card.

Hello! I built a customac for my wife a few years back using Lion and it was working fine (except usb3) for the whole time. I had to update the machine so that she could use the new itunes to sync her phone and have had some success with the update.

Here are her specs:
GA H61N-USB3 (F8 Bios)
CPU:Intel i3-2105
Graphics: Asus GeForce 8400 (old card, I know)
WiFi: Archer T4U (Wireless AC USB Dongle)
Bluetooth: Belkin USB Dongle (don't remember the model but it was in the accessories section in the build forum)
Old iMac keyboard "donated" by my job (has the usb ins on both sides of the keyboard)
Apple Magic Mouse

Here's what I did so far:
1. Backed up files/made a time machine backup on external drive
2. Created a Unibeast Stick of Sierra (10.12.6) on my Macbook Pro (MBP)
3. Updated Bios to F8 (was F3)
4. Set Bios Settings (Loaded Optimized Defaults, AHCI Mode, Disabled USB3)
5. Plugged in Unibeast Stick into a USB2 slot and booted to it (F12)
6. Ran Installer then rebooted
7. Booted using Uni Stick to finish install
8. Ran MultiBeast 9.2.1 (Sierra Edition) and installed:
Quick Start: Legacy Boot Mode
Network: RealtekRTL8111 v2.0.0
Bootloader: Clover v2.4k r4173 Legacy Boot Mode
Customize: Inject NVIDIA
System Definitions: iMac 14, 2
9. Restarted and was able to get back in with no KP.
10. Installed driver for Wireless AC USB Dongle and restarted.
11. Booted back in and connected the wireless.
12. Began installing all the apps

I have not tested the sleep/wake function. I have not tested the ethernet connection, but it does appear in the network options in system preferences. I have not tested the HD 3000 onboard graphics since I am using the vid card. I currently have no sound devices. I tried to install the ALC889 using multibeast, but no joy.

No sound device is working or present and I am not sure how to remedy that. Any help would make my wife VERY happy!

Hope this reply brings this board support back around! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back