Contribute
Register

Has anyone built a Hackintosh on a ASUS X99-A motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I tried to do the most recent Sierra build with the Unibeast usb drive and load it onto a ssd drive, but it sticks on the Apple logo and the install bar is empty. I have an intel 5820k processor, 32gigs ddr4 ram, and an EVGA 740 1gb video card. Im not a tech guru, so Im looking to figure this out through people who have knowledge of this.

I tried to do the most recent Sierra build with the Unibeast usb drive and load it onto a ssd drive, but it sticks on the Apple logo and the install bar is empty. I have an intel 5820k processor, 32gigs ddr4 ram, and an EVGA 740 1gb video card. Im not a tech guru, so Im looking to figure this out through people who have knowledge of this.
I am just starting to my Hackintosh building adventure, so unfortunately I dont have any advice for you. But I am very interested in keeping track of your build as I would like to mimic it pretty closely.

On a side note, have you gotten your build to work on "any" OS X yet? Or have you just strictly done it with Sierra?

Yes I have an existing Yosemite on but it will only boot in safe mode right now.

I have the same board. Yosemite work but i want Sierra.
Do you have any progress?

I am just starting to my Hackintosh building adventure, so unfortunately I dont have any advice for you. But I am very interested in keeping track of your build as I would like to mimic it pretty closely.

On a side note, have you gotten your build to work on "any" OS X yet? Or have you just strictly done it with Sierra?
Im trying my Sierra build again but definitely need some help. I wish someone would do a youtube video on installation of Sierra onto Asus X99-A motherboard and Radeon R9 series GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back