Contribute
Register

Has any had success z97x-ud5h-bk with Yosemite ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z97X-UD5-BK (F6)
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 760
Hi all,

has as anyone been able to install Yosemite on the above motherboard with a graphics card??

i need to pick someone's brains !!

I'm wondering the same exact thing. I'm getting ready to buy all the parts needed, but want to make sure. It seems some folks have had better luck with Clover, but there's just extra stuff that needs to be done.

Seeing as multibeast was updated recently, I think it's definitely fair to ask now.

I don't have the black edition mobo but my Z97X-UD5H + GTX 770 is running Yosemite like a champ.

What install method did you follow? I was considering the Clover install method because I've read there's less issues with apps like iMessage, App Store etc etc...

What install method did you follow? I was considering the Clover install method because I've read there's less issues with apps like iMessage, App Store etc etc...

I'm using chimera + multibeast and at least on my build facetime works, app store works, sleep works,icloud,itunes, so I would say everything is working, well imessage is not working for anybody even for clover installations, you can read the latest update here http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

It's overclocked to 4.2 with 2 sticks of rams, and 2 monitors oh yeah I'm using imac 14.2 definitions see attached.

So what i did was just the basic USB creation with unibeast.

Attachments

• Screen Shot-monitor.jpg
    Screen Shot-monitor.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 122
  • ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 109
I'm using chimera + multibeast and at least on my build facetime works, app store works, sleep works,icloud,itunes, so I would say everything is working, well imessage is not working for anybody even for clover installations, you can read the latest update here http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

It's overclocked to 4.2 with 2 sticks of rams, and 2 monitors oh yeah I'm using imac 14.2 definitions see attached.

So what i did was just the basic USB creation with unibeast.

Seeing this just made my night! iMessage is no big deal, I use Hangouts anyways and don't have an iOS device, so I can live without that. But it's good to know everything else works pretty much. I'm gonna go ahead and follow through with this installation/setup then. I can fix iMessage with the provided link if I really need it. Thanks a lot!!

One other question, do you run OS X exclusively? If not, does it pick up the other drives and/or OS's that you have installed with no issues? I have plans to split a 2nd 1TB hard drive with Windows 10 and Linux, but want to make sure that it will work fine that way in regards to the Chimera bootloader...

Seeing this just made my night! iMessage is no big deal, I use Hangouts anyways and don't have an iOS device, so I can live without that. But it's good to know everything else works pretty much. I'm gonna go ahead and follow through with this installation/setup then. I can fix iMessage with the provided link if I really need it. Thanks a lot!!

One other question, do you run OS X exclusively? If not, does it pick up the other drives and/or OS's that you have installed with no issues? I have plans to split a 2nd 1TB hard drive with Windows 10 and Linux, but want to make sure that it will work fine that way in regards to the Chimera bootloader...

Actually chimera is a lot easier than clover to pickup another hard drives.
Right now I have Tri-boot lol Win7/Mavericks/Yosemite I have a 1.5tb + 240gb ssd + 120gb ssd

The 1.5tb is partitioned 1tb shared for all of OS's. 200gb for mac storage + 200gb storage for windows.

you can see how is my storage reported on Yosemite.

The easy way is get 2 hard drives 1 for OS X and 1 for the other OS's (win/linux) install first windows/linux as the usual way, then remove that hard drive and instal OS X on the other, then just plug everything. And chimera will pick them up.

You will love the setup.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 9.57.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 9.57.25 PM.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 172
Actually chimera is a lot easier than clover to pickup another hard drives.
Right now I have Tri-boot lol Win7/Mavericks/Yosemite I have a 1.5tb + 240gb ssd + 120gb ssd

The 1.5tb is partitioned 1tb shared for all of OS's. 200gb for mac storage + 200gb storage for windows.

you can see how is my storage reported on Yosemite.

The easy way is get 2 hard drives 1 for OS X and 1 for the other OS's (win/linux) install first windows/linux as the usual way, then remove that hard drive and instal OS X on the other, then just plug everything. And chimera will pick them up.

You will love the setup.

Ok yeah that's good to know. I'm getting a 512GB SSD for Yosemite, a 1TB for storage and another 1TB which I'll partition for Windows and Linux. But telling me your experience with an almost identical setup reassures me of this process since it's my first Hackintosh. Thanks for taking the time to respond and clarify for me, you've been a big help.

Ok yeah that's good to know. I'm getting a 512GB SSD for Yosemite, a 1TB for storage and another 1TB which I'll partition for Windows and Linux. But telling me your experience with an almost identical setup reassures me of this process since it's my first Hackintosh. Thanks for taking the time to respond and clarify for me, you've been a big help.

No problem !! Go ahead with the install if you have some problems post here, and more than one will be able to help you.

Happy Hack !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back