Contribute
Register

Hardware video decode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with Chrome you can chrome://flags/ and enable overrides the built-in software rendering list and enables GPU-acceleration on unsupported system configurations.

I don't know how to generate an SSDT for my iGPU can I use the one you linked? Will I need to drop any tables for it to work or will it conflict with the SSDT file I made with the piker-alpha script for my CPU?

You should be able to use the SSDT I attached it is for Haswell. I’m not sure what script you are referring to.

No luck, nothing I seem to do allows me to boot High Sierra with the iGPU enabled. I submitted the appopriate files on the iGPU thread. I think i need the connector-less frame id to use for hd4600.

you may try the RehabMan's OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

It works on my E3-1225V2 (Intel HD Graphics P4000) machine

VDADecoderChecker
Code:
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen7
Hardware acceleration is fully supported

did you still set the ig-platform-id and inject intel in clover?

my settings:

Intel IGPU only configuration (SMBIOS=Macmini6,2), after set the graphics device-id =0x01668086, clover auto detect the ig-platform-id (0x0166005)
Code:
VDADecoderChecker

Nvidia GPU + Intel IGPU configuration (SMBIOS=iMac13,2), set the graphics device-id =0x01668086, I would set the ig-platform-id (0x0166007) connector-less
Code:
VDADecoderChecker
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen7 

in your case :

GPU+IGPU configuration, select the iMac SMBIOS that matched your hardware or try iMac14,2
use OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID
acpi patching : change GFX0 to IGPU
set graphics fake device-id=0x04128086
inject the connector-less ig-platform-id = 0x04120004 for HD4600

references
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/amd-nvidia-primary-display-with-airplay-mirroring.118662/

Hello. I'm trying to run my Xeon E3-1245 v2 (Ivy Bridge) with P4000 graphics without my former Nvidia GT 640. I have a freshly installed Clover r4522 with default config.plist and some changes there. I have FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext in Clover's 10.11 kext folder (running El Capitan for now). This mobo is Asus P8C WS.

I am totally at loss with what should I change in config.plist to have P4000 working properly. I mean, if it was up to me, I'd build some kind of comprehensive knowledgebase about Clover's config.plist to explain what it can do. For example, where exactly should I put the device-id?

Update: Had to remove the hash, i.e. '#' from FakeID key to enable it. Now this works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back