Contribute
Register

Hardware video decode

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by "decode?"

If you mean "standard" playback (DRM issues), then Lilu + Shiki should solve it.

I tested yesterday and I'm not having DRM issues on iTunes. I use plex and not iTunes 99% of the time anyway. What I mean by hardware video decode youtube for example on my MBP doesn't have a CPU process for video decode the GPU is doing it. On my Hackintosh, my CPU is doing the decoding, and it's using a significant amount of CPU. 20%-80% depending on the resolution.

Ah. Not sure how to answer that one for you.

I tested yesterday and I'm not having DRM issues on iTunes. I use plex and not iTunes 99% of the time anyway. What I mean by hardware video decode youtube for example on my MBP doesn't have a CPU process for video decode the GPU is doing it. On my Hackintosh, my CPU is doing the decoding, and it's using a significant amount of CPU. 20%-80% depending on the resolution.

It appears that it depends on the app. Watching a YouTube video in 1440P in Safari shows no process running on the CPU. Watching the same video in the same resolution on Chrome shows a CPU process at about 65% usage.

Do you know if I'm on the right track with nvidiagraphcsfixup and shiki? Do you know where I could find better instructions than the faq for those two plugins?

I use neither of these. For my Intel GPU I only have the attached SSDT file in EFI/CLOVER/Acpi/Patched. In my config I do not have any ig-platform-id and am I am not injecting Intel.

Attachments

• SSDT-HDMI-HD4600-Airplay.aml.zip
    946 bytes · Views: 100
I think with Chrome you can chrome://flags/ and enable overrides the built-in software rendering list and enables GPU-acceleration on unsupported system configurations.

I don't know how to generate an SSDT for my iGPU can I use the one you linked? Will I need to drop any tables for it to work or will it conflict with the SSDT file I made with the piker-alpha script for my CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back