Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It might help people out if you had a section for hardware, with subsections for Graphics Drivers, Audio Drivers, and Network Drivers, so people can post questions and guides for getting specific types of hardware working with their install. Maybe even a subsection for CPU's as well, for any differences in supporting i5 and i7.

For example, I've got a question about getting ATI and nVidia cards working in the same pc and a graphics hardware section would be a good place for that discussion.

That is a really good idea- I have thought about it, but I hesitate to make too many overlapping forums- for now, I'm going to keep it as is. Maybe I'll expand the Post-Installation forum into subtopics- I'll have to see how it goes. Thank you for the suggestion!

Was just about to say the same thing, at least a motherboard and graphics card section would be handy. It might be good to do a blog post with the audio solutions that have been collated here as well?

What if you were to have just a single thread where hackintoshers who were willing to share in their success agreed to have their particular board and hardware listed (i.e. presuming it wasnt hardware that you have already provided support on such as the P55M-UD2). The thread would be just a posting by a user with a piece of hardware that wasn't mentioned and had them listed as a contact should someone else decide to use the same setup. The caveat would be that any user that wanted support on that particular setup would have to reach out to the user posting the thread. I know it's difficult to support many configurations of board, but at least this way if someone had a particular P55 board that you didnt have custom support for they could reach out to another senior hackintosher. The person posting would have to understand that they would need to provide a senior level of support. Just an idea. I dont consider myself in any way a Senior hackintosher, I generally will stick with what is mainstream and what is supported as you have listed. This is just a suggestion and certainly doesnt have to be followed. Just my 0.02.

Likewise, if you start to incorporate other motherboards (or laptops) you will want to push down all existing forums into an appropriate context.

e.g. P55 /* or P55/UDM5/*

or Desktop/P55/*
and Laptop/Motherboard/*

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back