Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Why did he say the 760? The 960 is newer and much better and it supports 4k. My recommended cards are the 960, 970 or 980.
Yes i want a 4K desktop. Does it make a difference which manufacturer (MSI, EVGA, Gigabyte...) i choose from?

Motherboard
Custom Built PC
CPU
Intel Pentium G3430 @ 3.30 Ghz
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 270X
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Yes i want a 4K desktop. Does it make a difference which manufacturer (MSI, EVGA, Gigabyte...) i choose from?
Doesn't matter too much, but I would recommend getting an MSI GAMING 4G card. MSI has the great Twin Frozr cooler and it's 4GB too.

Motherboard
B85N Phoenix
CPU
Intel Core i3 4360
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thanks! I keep the 760 in mind, it's a little bit more budget-friendly ;)
But the max resolution is 2560x1600, this holds me back a little, because i'm planning to get a 4K monitor.
You're welcome, make sure you use display port for 4k to work properly, or HDMI 2.0 interface. :)

Why did he say the 760? The 960 is newer and much better and it supports 4k. My recommended cards are the 960, 970 or 980.
I said 760 because it's budget friendly and plus 1440p is good enough, sure 4k looks sick but it fails in terms of gaming performance.. even a 295 watercooled couldn't get past 40, that 970 you recommended won't pull over 40 fps in gaming, you'd need a beast for 4k gaming. a titan even struggles at 4k, not saying the op is a gamer, just saying he/she won't get a good experience in that department with 4k.. now, 4k bluray playback is a totally different story, if I could afford a 4k setup, I'd go that route just for my movies.

Motherboard
Custom Built PC
CPU
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 270X
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
You're welcome, make sure you use display port for 4k to work properly, or HDMI 2.0 interface. :)

I said 760 because it's budget friendly and plus 1440p is good enough, sure 4k looks sick but it fails in terms of gaming performance.. even a 295 watercooled couldn't get past 40, that 970 you recommended won't pull over 40 fps in gaming, you'd need a beast for 4k gaming. a titan even struggles at 4k, not saying the op is a gamer, just saying he/she won't get a good experience in that department with 4k.. now, 4k bluray playback is a totally different story, if I could afford a 4k setup, I'd go that route just for my movies.
OP is looking for gaming. I see what you mean though.

I actually change my recommendation in terms of a graphics card. You're gonna need SLI 980s or some crud to run, even the Titan X has trouble with 4k games. Benchmark here: http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1908-sli-gtx-980-vs-titan-x-benchmark
It's gonna cost a truck load of money ($1000 alone for 2 980s) so you might actually want to go for 1600p desktop. I digress though; if you're not going to play games like GTA and Battlefield Hardline then maybe you could go for a single 970 or 980 (maybe 960)

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-GAMING 5
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
OP is looking for gaming. I see what you mean though.

I actually change my recommendation in terms of a graphics card. You're gonna need SLI 980s or some crud to run, even the Titan X has trouble with 4k games. Benchmark here: http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1908-sli-gtx-980-vs-titan-x-benchmark
It's gonna cost a truck load of money ($1000 alone for 2 980s) so you might actually want to go for 1600p desktop. I digress though; if you're not going to play games like GTA and Battlefield Hardline then maybe you could go for a single 970 or 980 (maybe 960)
4K gaming won't be a thing due to price, it's only for desktop experience. Gaming in 1080p60 or may be 1440p60 would be great if let's say a 980 can handle it ;)

Motherboard
Custom Built PC
CPU
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 270X
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
4K gaming won't be a thing due to price, it's only for desktop experience. Gaming in 1080p60 or may be 1440p60 would be great if let's say a 980 can handle it ;)
4K desktop will be easy. I guess I take back what I said because I thought you were looking for a 980. A 980 or possibly even 970 (maybe even 960) would be awesome.

Motherboard
B85N Phoenix
CPU
Intel Core i3 4360
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
It's possible a single 980 could pull 60@1440p, depends what games you're going to be playing, games like crysis 3/battlefield or even assassin's creed unity (worst creed ever, I'm gonna be sick), you won't get a solid 60@1440p unless you turn Anti Aliasing down a little or switch to FXAA, even then, you might experience the odd dip in performance (ac unity is a perfect example), 1080p you'll get a solid 60 with maxed out settings (not in ac unity, it's that bad) but then again a 760 could pull that off in most games out now anyway, best to tweak each setting and see what works best for you, if you insist on 4k@60, two titan x's will do it, even then you will get those dips in some titles but very little, two titan x's are recommended for 4k@60 as 1 titan x will struggle just as much as a single 980@4k, two 980's in SLI is a little more powerful than 1 single titan x, so it would do it just as much as a two titan x's, of course this is just in gaming, other stuff don't count.

Just to make sure: i can pick from the PSUs ,hard drives and cases whatever i want?
As long as the MB and PSU fits into the PC case of course.
As long as you have a chassis that supports your motherboard form factor, you can use whatever you want, bare in mind though that some cases have different requirements for example, PSU size, CPU cooler hight etc, so make sure you research your chassis before buying (check to make sure your components will go in it) :]

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-GAMING 5
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
It's possible a single 980 could pull 60@1440p, depends what games you're going to be playing, games like crysis 3/battlefield or even assassin's creed unity (worst creed ever, I'm gonna be sick), you won't get a solid 60@1440p unless you turn Anti Aliasing down a little or switch to FXAA, even then, you might experience the odd dip in performance (ac unity is a perfect example), 1080p you'll get a solid 60 with maxed out settings (not in ac unity, it's that bad) but then again a 760 could pull that off in most games out now anyway, best to tweak each setting and see what works best for you, if you insist on 4k@60, two titan x's will do it, even then you will get those dips in some titles but very little, two titan x's are recommended for 4k@60 as 1 titan x will struggle just as much as a single 980@4k, two 980's in SLI is a little more powerful than 1 single titan x, so it would do it just as much as a two titan x's, of course this is just in gaming, other stuff don't count.
I really don't mind about 4K gaming, it's just too expensive. A solid 1080p60 with maxed settings will be good enough ;)

As long as you have a chassis that supports your motherboard form factor, you can use whatever you want, bare in mind though that some cases have different requirements for example, PSU size, CPU cooler hight etc, so make sure you research your chassis before buying (check to make sure your components will go in it) :]
Almost forgot about the CPU cooler height! I was just looking for the graphics card to fit in.
(too bad that most people say that AC Unity is not that good, i never played it by myself...)

Motherboard
Custom Built PC
CPU
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 270X
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I really don't mind about 4K gaming, it's just too expensive. A solid 1080p60 with maxed settings will be good enough ;)
Then what @smandc said is correct. If you want just 1080p60, you can pretty much go for the card you want.

Just to make sure: i can pick from the PSUs ,hard drives and cases whatever i want?
As long as the MB and PSU fits into the PC case of course.
Yes. You might want a big case because the high-end NVIDIA cards are frickin' huge :p