Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
No recommendation other than using some website to filter and find the card you want. I may have stated this before but you're required to use Unibeast because Clover does not support the webdriver.
Yes i thought i will use UniBeast anyway, it seems way easier to me, because i'm not really into this Clover thing.

What do you think about RAM and RAM upgrades? Should i go "fully equipped" from the beginning on (i'm thinking about 16GB) or can i get 8 gigs at first and later upgrade with another 8 gigs without problems?

Motherboard
Custom Built PC
CPU
Intel Pentium G3430 @ 3.30 Ghz
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 270X
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Yes i thought i will use UniBeast anyway, it seems way easier to me, because i'm not really into this Clover thing.

What do you think about RAM and RAM upgrades? Should i go "fully equipped" from the beginning on (i'm thinking about 16GB) or can i get 8 gigs at first and later upgrade with another 8 gigs without problems?
If you want 16GB, then get 16GB at the start. It's difficult to find a RAM chip that works exactly the same with your current stick after a while. I had to buy a new set of 16GB RAM for my PC when I upgraded.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-GAMING 5
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
If you want 16GB, then get 16GB at the start. It's difficult to find a RAM chip that works exactly the same with your current stick after a while. I had to buy a new set of 16GB RAM for my PC when I upgraded.
Well then i'm really looking to get the 16GB.

Does these upgrade problems also count for graphics, like using the CPU integrated graphics at first, later switch to a dedicated graphics card?

AFAIK i have to use the iGPU first in order to install the graphics driver for the dedicated card, right?

Motherboard
Custom Built PC
CPU
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 270X
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Well then i'm really looking to get the 16GB.

Does these upgrade problems also count for graphics, like using the CPU integrated graphics at first, later switch to a dedicated graphics card?

AFAIK i have to use the iGPU first in order to install the graphics driver for the dedicated card, right?
If you're going to buy your GPU later after buying the rest of your components, then it'll be fine.
If you're installing it at the same time it'll use it but not at full power (It will not run great without the webdriver). The driver auto-activates in the bootloader.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-GAMING 5
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
If you're going to buy your GPU later after buying the rest of your components, then it'll be fine.
If you're installing it at the same time it'll use it but not at full power (It will not run great without the webdriver). The driver auto-activates in the bootloader.
I see...well then i'm opting for the integrated graphics first and buying later a good discrete graphics card.
Thanks for that hint! This really helps me in my researches for the best parts.

Motherboard
Custom Built PC
CPU
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 270X
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I see...well then i'm opting for the integrated graphics first and buying later a good discrete graphics card.
Thanks for that hint! This really helps me in my researches for the best parts.
Yeah, sure! I love helping people who are buying new parts out.

Motherboard
B85N Phoenix
CPU
Intel Core i3 4360
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thank you so much, the 10.10.3 drivers are exactly what i needed. I searched hours for a good graphics card that is supported. I whish the 970/980 was supported natively, but hey, this seems to be a quite good help!
Do you have any recommendations on another 4GB graphics card i can use?
I do, GTX 760 4GB if you can find one, fully compatible GPU and runs games at 49/60 FPS depending on CPU. I get drops to 49 sometimes, because of my dual core, you will probably get 60 all the way.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-GAMING 5
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I do, GTX 760 4GB if you can find one, fully compatible GPU and runs games at 49/60 FPS depending on CPU. I get drops to 49 sometimes, because of my dual core, you will probably get 60 all the way.
Thanks! I keep the 760 in mind, it's a little bit more budget-friendly ;)
But the max resolution is 2560x1600, this holds me back a little, because i'm planning to get a 4K monitor.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
If you have a 4K monitor with DP you may be able to use it. There's no guarantee you
can get 4K@60Hz but if you search the forums you'll find that some have.

TRS 2015-06-16 at 12.21.40 PM.jpg

Motherboard
Custom Built PC
CPU
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 270X
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks! I keep the 760 in mind, it's a little bit more budget-friendly ;)
But the max resolution is 2560x1600, this holds me back a little, because i'm planning to get a 4K monitor.
Why did he say the 760? The 960 is newer and much better and it supports 4k. My recommended cards are the 960, 970 or 980.