i7-6700
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,

I currently have a successful build running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 Everything is working fine.

My current hardware is as follows:

ASROCK X99 Extreme 4 MoBo
Intel Core i7 6950x CPU
64GB DDR4 Ballistix Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 980ti
2 x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD's

I have tried to research whether I can upgrade my current configuration up to Mojave or even Catalina. Please see attached PR files with all details.

I'm not entirely sure if my CPU is supported by Mojave.

Any help or information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_18531.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
Hi All,

I currently have a successful build running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 Everything is working fine.

Intel Core i7 6950x CPU
64GB DDR4 Ballistix Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 980ti

I have tried to research whether I can upgrade my current configuration up to Mojave or even Catalina. Please see attached PR files with all details.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 980ti won't work as there are no web drivers available

Hi All,

Intel Core i7 6950x CPU
64GB DDR4 Ballistix Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 980ti

Your graphics card is not supported on Mojave or Catalina due to lack of Nvidia drivers.

It should be possible to run MacOS on the X99 platform. I know that because I did it before (with Sierra and High Sierra, not Mojave however).

You need to replace your graphics card with a supported AMD card such as a RX 580 or the RX 5x00 series (RX 5x00 for Catalina only) if you want to try to install MacOS on your system.

Thanks for the replies.

Is the CPU compatible with Mojave do you know? I can't really get a definite answer on whether it is supported or not.

I have tried to install Mojave but it always stalls at End Randomseed +++ part.

Even using the original EFI to get past this part I notice that in panics when it gets past that part. I'm assuming it's the CPU.

Thanks for the replies.

Is the CPU compatible with Mojave do you know? I can't really get a definite answer on whether it is supported or not.

I have tried to install Mojave but it always stalls at End Randomseed +++ part.

Even using the original EFI to get past this part I notice that in panics when it gets past that part. I'm assuming it's the CPU.

I use an i7 5820K and a Xeon E5 1620 v4 with X99 builds before and both work with MacOS Sierra and High Sierra. Your 6950X is the same architecture as the Xeon and so I would think it should be compatible with Mojave.

Did you try adding npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 to Boot Arguments in Clover? I remember in my X99 builds one of these is required to boot into MacOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back