Contribute
Register

Harddrive boot problem! Please help! (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac OSX Mavericks Duel Boot w/ Windows 8
CPU
Intel i7-2600k
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 550 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I'm working on building my first Hackintosh and I can't get away from this boot0 error when I try to boot from the Harddrive.

I have tried iBoot + Multibeast, ^Andy^ boot and his packages (To the word except using update helper to get to 10.6.8), and installing chameleon by itself to both the EFI and Snow Leopard Partition. I have also tried using the whole hardrive, half of it and less than half (through partitioning). I have also tried making the partition active.

Everything works great until I try to boot from the harddrive. Every time, I get the same error. I get a black screen with this:

Boot0: GPT
Boot0: test
Boot0: GPT
Boot0: error

Please help! :|
My main goal is to have mac on one partition and windows on the other. And to boot from the mac partition, see the bootloader screen, then be able to choose mac or windows. I am willing to reinstall mac, repartition my hardrive, etc.

I do not have windows installed yet and hope to get mac up and running and bootable from the harddrive first.

Thanks in advance!

My system specs.:
Intel i7 2600k processor
ASUS p8p67 motherboard
EVGA nVidia GTS 450 graphics card
2.0 TB Western Digital Caviar Green harddrive
8 GB (2x4GB) gskill memory (One stick was taken out for the installations for a total of 4 gb)
A normal cd/dvd drive

Some guesses to what is going wrong (though I really have no clue):
- My computer is not recognizing the Mac partition itself so it tries to boot from the whole hardrive and doesn't know which partition to boot from.
- There is a problem with the Guide Partition Table, though I don't know what.

Re: Harddrive boot problem! Please help!

Boot partition needs to be less than 1Tb.

Thanks so much for your replies! One of the workarounds worked perfectly and I am now able to boot from my hardrive! :D

I followed what was said here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37090, by prd0.

For others trying this workaround:
This only works if you have already followed the iBoot + Multibeast method all the way (You need to have the bootloader already installed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back