Contribute
Register

Hard drive not working after format in mac os high sierra Hackintosh installation in Dell T5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Xeon E5649
Graphics
r9 290
I have T5500 with motherboard 0CRH6C. I tried to follow the procedure in

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...00-quadro4000-xeon-x5680-macos10-12-x.215070/

to install hackintosh high sierra. I had a spare laptop hard drive and I tried to install high sierra on it. I prepared the usb. I had 3 hard drives connected to the pc but to avoid removing the remaining two I disabled them in bios and only enabled the hard drive I want to install high sierra on. I proceeded with hackintosh installation and went to disk utility to erase and format hard drive as in the tutorial. As I hit erase it started to format it but after few seconds, my hard drive disappeared. I enabled the hard drive I had windows on in bios and windows won't boot. When I disconnected the affected hard drive windows booted fine. So, now my hard drive won't work. To summarise the hard drive shows up in bios but is not detected in hackintosh installation or windows installation. When it is connected to the system it doesn't allow the windows in another hard drive to boot up and it gets stuck at windows 10 circling logo that appears when windows is starting. So, I can't boot up windows 10 while the hard drive is connected and it won't show up in windows 7 installation through a CD. Please help me if you can to recover my hard drive

Last edited:
@munirshah77, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back