Graphics
GeForce GTX 480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I was using my computer the other day and the sound wasnt working so i restarted the machine. while restarting some blue screen with a few options popped up and before i could read it i reflexively pressed a button. Next thing I know os x starts loading only to freeze on he load screen with one of those "no smoking" crossed out circles...

I made a bootable flash drive with Lion on it and am able to boot from it but when i go to disk utilitiy neither my boot drive (SSD) or secondary drive (HDD) show up.

I really hope its just a connection isssue or something, but does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

So I was using my computer the other day and the sound wasnt working so i restarted the machine. while restarting some blue screen with a few options popped up and before i could read it i reflexively pressed a button. Next thing I know os x starts loading only to freeze on he load screen with one of those "no smoking" crossed out circles...

I made a bootable flash drive with Lion on it and am able to boot from it but when i go to disk utilitiy neither my boot drive (SSD) or secondary drive (HDD) show up.

I really hope its just a connection isssue or something, but does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

The blue screen was probably a BIOS warning to say thats its had a problem. It probably said "The BIOS has recovered from a Fault would you like to set optimised defaults" In any case make sure that your HD controller/sata mode is set to AHCI and not IDE.

The blue screen was probably a BIOS warning to say thats its had a problem. It probably said "The BIOS has recovered from a Fault would you like to set optimised defaults" In any case make sure that your HD controller/sata mode is set to AHCI and not IDE.

Thank you! I changed it to ahci and problem solved!

How do I do that?

Boot or Restart your system, when its booting keep pressing Del key and it will enter the BIOS. Under the peripherals section you should see Sata Mode, make sure its on AHCI not IDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back