Contribute
Register

Hard drive causing Chimera issue with Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched to Legacy, but the hard drive didn't appear in the operating system. Thanks for helping me--do you have any other suggestions?

Connect HDD to any running system and format it. If connected to OS X system format GUID/OSX E (J)

We connected the hard drive to a MacBook Pro and formatted it to Mac OS X E (J) before we started. Thanks for the idea--any other thoughts?

Connect HDD to any running system and format it. If connected to OS X system format GUID/OSX E (J)
With your USB inserted change the bios setting to ATA then reboot. Once you start the installation process you will be able to see your hard drive and install Yosemite to it... After you will be able to boot from your hard drive but unfoutunatly the usb will still need to be inserted and the setting must stay on ATA.

With your USB inserted change the bios setting to ATA then reboot. Once you start the installation process you will be able to see your hard drive and install Yosemite to it... After you will be able to boot from your hard drive but unfoutunatly the usb will still need to be inserted and the setting must stay on ATA.
???
Makes no sense. Do you mean AHCI when you say ATA? Still makes no sense. Please think carefully what you mean to say before posting.

I did think before I replied. The bios setting options in a OptiPlex sff 755 are AHCI, ATA and Legacy. I told him to set the bios to ATA... What isn't clear about what I said?

I did think before I replied. The bios setting options in a OptiPlex sff 755 are AHCI, ATA and Legacy. I told him to set the bios to ATA... What isn't clear about what I said?
For OS X installation BIOS setting should be for AHCI, not ATA.

For OS X installation BIOS setting should be for AHCI, not ATA.
Understood but my installation would only boot via ATA...when trying to boot from AHCI OR LEGACY the hdd wouldn't show.

I believe that I figured out my issue... I was only able to see AHCI, ATA or Legacy in my bios setting because my bois is version A12. I will try to update the bios A22 then reinstall and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back