Graphics
hd4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I would like to start off by saying that the wealth of knowledge I have gained from this site and its members has been the most inspiring and influential learning experience in my life thank you (sorry I had to get that out)

on with the question
i have had a wonderful Asus S400C working well for quite some time but...
on this recent install and on subsequent installations I(ve) notice(d) strange behavior from the HDD
the best way I can explain this is a constant increase/decrease of the HDD speed
it has a frequency/interval of say 40 seconds it will 'fast whir' then gradually slow until it (I assume) thinks its going too slow and repeats the process
not sure what this is all about or where to look a point in the right direction would suffice I enjoy the hunt
"Do good things", Thanks

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.
Note : Assuming Sierra because you haven't specified which OS you are using but you say "recent install".

I would like to start off by saying that the wealth of knowledge I have gained from this site and its members has been the most inspiring and influential learning experience in my life thank you (sorry I had to get that out)

on with the question
i have had a wonderful Asus S400C working well for quite some time but...
on this recent install and on subsequent installations I(ve) notice(d) strange behavior from the HDD
the best way I can explain this is a constant increase/decrease of the HDD speed
it has a frequency/interval of say 40 seconds it will 'fast whir' then gradually slow until it (I assume) thinks its going too slow and repeats the process
not sure what this is all about or where to look a point in the right direction would suffice I enjoy the hunt
"Do good things", Thanks

Does the same behavior occur on Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back