Contribute
Register

Hangs when trying to boot from USB: GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (rev1.1) - i7-4790k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8H77-I / Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (rev1.1)
CPU
i3-3220 / i7-4790k
Graphics
Intel HD 2500 / Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (rev1.1)
i7-4790k
Intel HD 4600
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16 GB DDR3 1600

This is my second hackintosh.

I was able to boot from the USB / Unibeast two times, just enough to install Yosemite (with -v -x ), but it gave me 0xdeadbeef kernel panic errors.

I have not been able to boot from USB or the OS Install since. It just hangs. See attached image for where.

Photo Jan 04, 10 13 40 PM.jpg

I have the F6 BIOS (most recent, matches the date of the non-BK F8 BIOS)

BIOS Settings:
Optimized Defaults
Initial display output: IGFX
VT-d: Disabled
Windows 8 Features: Other OS
Secure boot mode is off.
Couldn’t find a reference to CFG-Lock on this mobo

-v -x maxmem=8192

It just hangs. The last line is usually at or around…

local host com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.DataDetectorsDynamicData) <Warning>: The JoinExistingSession key is only available to Application services.

Please help. Getting a little frustrated. Thanks.

Same or very similar problem here - while trying to install the OS on my first Hackintosh. I get the apple logo, things look like they're going to work but after 20 seconds or so there's a kernel panic. I have same BIOS settings as user above and GA-Z97X-UD3H.

Hello,

I've recently assembled a build with a GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (mine was a rev1.0 not 1.1), a i7 4790K and a GTX 760 and had some trouble getting it to boot from USB.

Initially I was trying with Clover USB and Unibeast and couldn't get it to work repeatdely as it wouldn't recognize the boot from USB despite selecting the USB drive in the boot menu.

I found then that the problem was because of a BIOS update made from Windows. I reflashed directly from BIOS with Q-Bios and was able to boot from USB.

Then a strange thing that happened, and I still don't know why, was that I booted from USB, did the first part of installation, and when the installer asked for a reboot to continue, when rebooted it wouldn't recognize the USB boot again (just booting wasn't recognized, the drive appeared in BIOS).

The only way I got it to work was to reflash the bios each time I had to reboot and boot from USB until finishing the process of installation and start to boot directly from EFI in the Hard Drive (SSD).

Every time I reflashed had to load optimized default's and disable VT-d. Didn't need to use any boot flags but I was using the GTX 760.

I now have it working fine with Clover and I'm very satisfied.

Hope this can help you get close to solving your problem.

Also would be good to know why that strange USB boot recognition problem if you get to find out.

Good luck...

I have exact setup as OP. Can't even get through USB boot of UniBeast. I have tried all recommended settings on bios and boot flags. I'm giving up and trying Clover. Any news on getting UniBeast to boot?

Hi there,
Sorry to bring back an old thread.
I have a machine running 10.10.5 that I would love to do a fresh install on a new SSD.
So... I did all the procedure with Unibeast to install it from a flash drive and I got the message saying it is not a proper boot device...
I uploaded the BIOS from F4 to F6, no success. Yes, I did have W8 on the same machine, but I don't remember updating the BIOS before.
Any ideas of what could have been happening?
Thanks guys
IMG_20170425_210334.jpg IMG_20170425_205846.jpg

So, I checked most of the posts of builds using the same MB as me and my BIOS configs are correct.
Somehow, I'm still getting the Boot Drive error message.
I tried re-downloading Yosemite, re-doing the bootable USB drive with Unibeast 6.2.0... no luck.
I also tried different flash drives.
Some of the posts I read with BIOS configs:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ga-z97x-ud7-th-build-install-guide.158748/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gt-i7-4790k-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-sc.149666/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-gigabyte-ga-z97x-ud7-th-el-capitan.184801/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ttings-i7-4790k-without-graphics-card.149161/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back