Contribute
Register

Hanging at '+++++++++'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really!? Any suggestions what might be causing me to hang at ‘+++++++++’ ?
Usually caused by the wrong/multiple/missing memory fix driver.
Also replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi if you haven't already done so.

As P1LGRIM stated, it's almost certainly due to the Aptio fix. Z390 is a PITA when it comes to Aptio fixes. There's no one size fits all answer. Even among users with the same motherboard, different Aptio fixes may work for one guy but not the next.

The most consistent Aptio fix for Z390 was OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. Unfortunately, the developer of that driver has warned against its use due to the fact that it will cause hardware damage.

For what it's worth, I've read the thread and haven't seen you mention which macOS you are running.

Unless you need to for a specific reason, don't update Clover just for the sake of it. Generally I stick with the version included in the appropriate MulitBeast. Only exception right now is for Catalina.

Some Clover updates seem to conflict with Gigabyte boards (IME -YMMV). I've had 'no boots' with 5k Clovers despite rejigging files as per the new structure.

SOLVED

I updated clover... deleted all the drivers provided during the update and replaced them with the existing drivers I had before the upgrade. All booted fine and as expected. Thank you to all for your help getting me there. This could be obvious to many but it wasn't to me...

For what it's worth, I've read the thread and haven't seen you mention which macOS you are running.

Unless you need to for a specific reason, don't update Clover just for the sake of it. Generally I stick with the version included in the appropriate MulitBeast. Only exception right now is for Catalina.

Some Clover updates seem to conflict with Gigabyte boards (IME -YMMV). I've had 'no boots' with 5k Clovers despite rejigging files as per the new structure.

Thank you for the advice! I was only upgrading to get Catalina running! Installed first time... all working fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back