Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So here is my set up:

ASUS EAH5870/G/2DIS/1GD5/A Radeon HD 5870

Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M080G2XXX 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - OEM

Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core

ProcessorCORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 -
2 GB currently installed

LG 22X Super Multi DVD Writer Black SATA Model GH22 LightScribe Support

Acer GD235HZbid Black/orange 23.6" 2ms Widescreen 1080p 120Hz 3D LCD Monitor

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard ver. 2.0 bios version: FE

SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.3 RETAIL DVD

My issue is this:

I eject the iboot cd and put in the snow leopard disc. I press F5(with and without "-x")
It begins to load the disc BUT it remains at the apple logo with the spinning gear....

I have flashed the bios to FE and verified.
I have loaded optimized defaults and switched from IDE to ACHI( ON ICH SATA control mode, eSATA control mode, and G_sata ctrl mode)
I have set HPET to 64bit.
I have disconnected all of my other hard drives and peripherals. ( I have one monitor via DVI, keyboard, mouse.
I have removed RAM so I only have one 2GB stick installed.
My ram is just set off optimized defaults and is running at 1066.
My hard drive and optical are connected to the first two blue SATA connectors.

I am obviously missing something. I will keep scanning the forums for previous posts but Any thoughts or help would be great!
PS: This forum is amazing! :headbang:

Ok- it's probably due to the 5870- the framebuffer may have to be manually set. Get the latest 2.6.3 iBoot- then after pressing F5, type

ATIConfig=Uakari -v

Then see what happens. Good luck!

I am having the same issue with a build I am working on for my brother. Same motherboard version, bios version and settings, different graphics card:

GIGABYTE GV-R577SO-1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB

I swapped out the graphics card for a 9800GT that I have in my build and I was able to install OsX. Tried installing the ATI Experimental bootloader from multibeast and then swapping the 5770 back in and the OsX boot hangs at the apple logo (the same place the install boot would hang).

I was just about ready to have him RMA the graphics card and try a different one, but I saw Tony's reply to your post. I am looking forward to trying the boot option he suggested tonight. Will report back...

I was having the same issue earlier today and I tried the command provided by tonymac, and it didn't work for me. What ultimately allowed me to install was booting the install disk using this one "-x -PCIRootUID=1"

Success!

iboot 2.6.3 was the answer. Apparently I started the install a day too early.

Thanks, Tony and everyone here. Your software and support is fantastic!

system.jpgYes success here as well! The newest iboot seems to have been the answer. I was actually able to target disk mode my macbook pro to the new hackintosh and transfer all my data. I ran multi beast with the the settings listed in Notshy's install guide, and I have now got a pretty awesome machine! I have to say I have been trying this for a while now with different methods an the iboot/multi beast is by far the easiest to follow. Thanks again.

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 209
I ended up using my 1 TB drive as the boot drive because final cut and logic don't like to be installed on anything but the system drive. I wish i could afford a really big ssd :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back