Graphics
Zotac GTX970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! Installed ML 10.8 then updated to 10.8.3 through the combo update, its working fine except that when every startup i need to boot through the USB that i made boot ML there ever since installing Snow Leopard chimera cant be installed through my system, and when starting up there is a slight delay around 4 mins in which i cant move my mouse and keyboard. And lastly my audio is not working, ive tried installing the latest version of multibeast with the correct audio kext for my motherboard but still no luck, i also tried deleting the applehda.kext in s/l/e but still no luck i and i have this voodoohda in my system preferences . I am planning to dual boot with windows,will it affect my mountain lion? Please help guys :(
My system is:
Asus P8H61MLE/USB3
Core i3-2120
Nvidia 210 1GB
4GB RAM
500GB HDD + 160 HDD (Windows)

IMG_0513.jpg

i have the same board but never used it for osx, i have experience the same mouse lag on my system and found that the cuda driver was the problem.
since you have 10.8 have try easy-beast first from the version of multi-beast 5.2 or 5.3 . If your not using any dsdt for your audio, try realtek ALC8xx-without DSDT-ALC887/888b, then you'll have to choose between legacy or current , or you can just used the voodoo version, not sure which one is right for you when it comes to voodoo

i would start with easy beast first, reboot and see if you can get to your desktop, if you can't, or you get stuck on the apple logo, you'll need to fix your graphic boot flag in on extra folder .

hope this helps some

Ive installed the easybeast and audio 887(current) but no good, and i cant boot without the usb, may i ask why is this happening?

Thank you for your reply! :D

what version of multibeast was used on the hard drive, and if you try booting the drive do you get the apple logo, and can you access safe mode if you try to boot from the hard drive directly

the latest one, when booting to hard drive i get a boot0 error so i need to restart again and boot from the flashdrive then boot into ML, is there a way to boot simpler than this?

Thank you for your reply! But one question with this will i get my audio and bootloader working? Cause after this week ill be doing dual boot with windows, will this be possible after installing chimera? Will report after done! How can I clone my HDD? Regarding the hiccup at startup any remedy for this? I think its getting longer every after reboot :(

if you reload and and install multi-beast (easy-beast)and load the audio as the same time or reboot after easy-beast and then install audio, you will be fine
to clone ur hard disk, reboot with usb , similar to when you installing osx , while in disk utility, u'll see Restore on the top right , select that, then pick the source and destination, and click retire at the bottom.

after all is done, you''ll be able to dual boot fine

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 9.25.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 9.25.25 AM.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 205
Thank you! Ive fixed the bootloader thingy and ive done a fresh install of ML and everything works :D But the hang still persist, any clue whats causing this?

boot with -v take a picture zip it and upload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back