Contribute
Register

Hang on initial install boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m back. I’m lost. I don’t know what to do with the original suggestion with marked up screenshot I’m afraid.

I confirmed the BIOS settings were correct (they were), I’ve tried MOBO USB2 port, case USB2 port, MOBO USB3 card. I’ve rebuilt the Mojave installer using a terminal command from Apple and installed Clover manually, enabling APFS but leaving all other settings stock.

Here’s a new screenshot showing where I’m at now. Thank you all for your help.

Attachments

• BF626BE0-D5B3-4F6D-8D97-5B332D346B7C.jpeg
    BF626BE0-D5B3-4F6D-8D97-5B332D346B7C.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 49
I’m back. I’m lost. I don’t know what to do with the original suggestion with marked up screenshot I’m afraid.

I confirmed the BIOS settings were correct (they were), I’ve tried MOBO USB2 port, case USB2 port, MOBO USB3 card. I’ve rebuilt the Mojave installer using a terminal command from Apple and installed Clover manually, enabling APFS but leaving all other settings stock.

Here’s a new screenshot showing where I’m at now. Thank you all for your help.
  • Your uploaded Verbose boot is unchanged . It may still be from CLOVER problems.
  • Please upload CLOVER as compressed file(zip) from your macOSMojave USB installer.
  • Since CLOVER is in EFI Partition of the USB Installer disk and EFI is hidden, to unhide and mount the EFI, use the following steps using Clover Configurator Global (CCG):
    • Attach your macOS USB Installer to the Mac/Hack it was created
    • Click "Finder" on Dock and from Top menu bar click "Finder>Preferences" and click and place
      • [√] Hard disks
      • [√] External Disks
    • This is to get your Hard disks and USB disks attached to your System to display their icons on the Right side of Desktop for easy navigation using mouse and keyboard. (see image)
  • Download and launch Clover Configurator Global (CCG) from Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
  • From its Left Panel , locate "TOOLS" bar and click on "Mount EFI" and then "Mount Partition" to get the White EFI icon on the Desktop(see composite image of mounting EFI and accessing CLOVER)
  • Navigate EFI>EFI>CLOVER and Right-click CLOVER>Compress CLOVER > Upload to the Forum

Attachments

• 1.Finder Preferences.png
    1.Finder Preferences.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 2.USB _EFI Mounting in CCG.png
    2.USB _EFI Mounting in CCG.png
    458.5 KB · Views: 40
Is this what you've requested? Thank you again for helping with this.
  • I have reviewed the CLOVER and edited & annotated all Screens viewed from CCG .
  • For ACPI editing, will have to wait and see and get more verbose boot screens to decide the choices to be made based on what Verbose Boot screen indicates.
  • Please make the suggested changes in my annotations and save that and reboot with the Mojave USB installer in verbose (already marked in config.plist_boot)
  • Take pictures of Verbose boot screen and attach to supplement your response.

Attachments

• 1.CLOVERFiletree.png
    1.CLOVERFiletree.png
    289.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 2.ACPI Fixes 1..png
    2.ACPI Fixes 1..png
    197.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.ACPI Fixes 2.png
    3.ACPI Fixes 2.png
    198.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 4.Boot.png
    4.Boot.png