NVIDIA GeForce 315M 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,
I've tried to install El Capitan on my Toshiba C660. Here the list of the main hardware:
- Intel Core i5
- NVIDIA GeForce 315M
- 4 GB Ram

I've prepared the installer using Clover as bootloader but hangs on an audio error or I get a kernel panic for something related to thread of CPU. I've also tried to use Chameleon but same kernel panic. Please help me :(

Hello everyone,
I've tried to install El Capitan on my Toshiba C660. Here the list of the main hardware:
- Intel Core i5
- NVIDIA GeForce 315M
- 4 GB Ram

I've prepared the installer using Clover as bootloader but hangs on an audio error or I get a kernel panic for something related to thread of CPU. I've also tried to use Chameleon but same kernel panic. Please help me :(

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thank you for your answer and sorry if I haven't updated my signature before, now I think it's okay. Anyway, I followed your guide, I moved FakeSMC as suggested in the guide but no luck. If it may be helpful when I try to boot with "-v" it took a bit of time before starting to see something loading. After about 10 minutes I get what you can see in the picture. Thanks

Attachments

• img_e610-b987.jpg
    img_e610-b987.jpg
    810.6 KB · Views: 168
Thank you for your answer and sorry if I haven't updated my signature before, now I think it's okay. Anyway, I followed your guide, I moved FakeSMC as suggested in the guide but no luck. If it may be helpful when I try to boot with "-v" it took a bit of time before starting to see something loading. After about 10 minutes I get what you can see in the picture. Thanks

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

Thank you for your time. I made another USB installation and finally got into installation screen and I installed El Capitan! It only boots using "cpus=1". My touchpad and keyboard were not working, so I've installed VoodooPS2 and now they're all fine. I got to fix this "cpus=1" error. I've tried using KernelLapic and AsusAICPUPM in clover settings but no luck. Except for this problem I have to enable audio, backlight, exc. I should create a DSDT maybe, if someone would want to help me it would be just great! Thank you!

Thank you for your time. I made another USB installation and finally got into installation screen and I installed El Capitan! It only boots using "cpus=1". My touchpad and keyboard were not working, so I've installed VoodooPS2 and now they're all fine. I got to fix this "cpus=1" error. I've tried using KernelLapic and AsusAICPUPM in clover settings but no luck. Except for this problem I have to enable audio, backlight, exc. I should create a DSDT maybe, if someone would want to help me it would be just great! Thank you!

Sounds like you didn't follow the guide...

Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Here the Clover folder. Thank you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 150
I've read it again and I have a question for you:
when you say to download a config.plist in your repository I can only see configs for Intel HD 3XXX and 4XXX. What one should I download? I just have NVIDIA card and not an intel one

I've read it again and I have a question for you:
when you say to download a config.plist in your repository I can only see configs for Intel HD 3XXX and 4XXX. What one should I download? I just have NVIDIA card and not an intel one

You can use the HD3000 one. It will disable the nvidia drivers, and the HD3000 injections will have no effect since the device isn't present.

You can read up on how to enable nvidia (nv_disable, Nvidia web drivers and nvda_drv=1), etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back