Contribute
Register

Handoff to MAC not working Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same issue with my BCM94352HMB, so it doesn't seem to be specific to your devices.
I need to check my device ids though.
Strange behavior of the bluetooth. When connected to a bluetooth speakers, sound is poor with lost of the data. Looks like bluetooth is not fully operational.
I have some posts relating the same issue with BCM94360 card.

Last edited:
Strange behavior of the bluetooth. When connected to a bluetooth speakers, sound is poor with lost of the data. Looks like bluetooth is not fully operational.
I have some posts relating the same issue with BCM94360 card.

Can anyone recommend another card then. I bought this one based on the chipset being the recommended one. I'd really like hand off to work seamlessly

it doesnt seem to work on any card from all I can gather. maybe 10.12.2 will fix things...

No joy with 10.12.2 final and handoff for me either.

So I upgraded to 10.12.2. This boot looped my Hack and Kernel panicked on Airport. I had to boot from USB to terminal and remove the Rehab man Kexts and then re install them once booted - this got the system working but not been able to hand off yet.

Sorry to bump up an old thread like this, but I'm just curious – have any of you had any luck with this since your last posts? I've got the BCM94352Z and have followed numerous guides (including this one to a T), but can't seem to get handoff working properly. My hack is currently running 10.12.5, but I've never had handoff/continuity working correctly. WiFi/Bluetooth/iMessage/FaceTime are all working properly, it's just handoff/continuity that won't co-operate.

Sometimes it will pop up, but it will either timeout or give me a "could not be completed" error. Interestingly enough, I can use handoff from my hack to my MacBook Air running El Capitan, but not the other way around. And my iPhone running iOS 10.3.2 seemingly ignores my hack altogether.

UPDATE: After starting from a fresh AirPortBrcm430 kext (i.e. I reverted my IO80211Family.kext back to the original) and re-applying the patches again, my iPhone no longer ignores my hack's handoff. However, and handoff to the hack (from MacBook Air or iPhone) still doesn't work.

Last edited:
Yes, everything now works absolutely perfectly for me but not with the Wifi/Bluetooth card I was using. I followed a suggestion in another thread to use an official Airport card (there are reasonably priced ones pulled from MacBooks on eBay) and everything just works with no crazy hacks, kexts or anything else. I was able to remove all those tweaks and it works perfectly. I recommend you do the same. The only difficult part was that I needed a simple adaptor to connect the card to the M.2 slot on my motherboard to replace the previous card (it just makes the pins physically line up really). The adaptor was cheap - on eBay - but took a long time to arrive from China.

Yes, everything now works absolutely perfectly for me but not with the Wifi/Bluetooth card I was using. I followed a suggestion in another thread to use an official Airport card (there are reasonably priced ones pulled from MacBooks on eBay) and everything just works with no crazy hacks, kexts or anything else. I was able to remove all those tweaks and it works perfectly. I recommend you do the same. The only difficult part was that I needed a simple adaptor to connect the card to the M.2 slot on my motherboard to replace the previous card (it just makes the pins physically line up really). The adaptor was cheap - on eBay - but took a long time to arrive from China.

Thanks for the update! Which card did you end up getting?

The title on eBay was "Genuine AirPort Module MacBook Air A1466 Mid 2013 Early 2014 Z653-0023 653-0023" and it was £15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back