Contribute
Register

Handoff to MAC not working Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to bump up an old thread like this, but I'm just curious – have any of you had any luck with this since your last posts? I've got the BCM94352Z and have followed numerous guides (including this one to a T), but can't seem to get handoff working properly. My hack is currently running 10.12.5, but I've never had handoff/continuity working correctly. WiFi/Bluetooth/iMessage/FaceTime are all working properly, it's just handoff/continuity that won't co-operate.

Sometimes it will pop up, but it will either timeout or give me a "could not be completed" error. Interestingly enough, I can use handoff from my hack to my MacBook Air running El Capitan, but not the other way around. And my iPhone running iOS 10.3.2 seemingly ignores my hack altogether.

UPDATE: After starting from a fresh AirPortBrcm430 kext (i.e. I reverted my IO80211Family.kext back to the original) and re-applying the patches again, my iPhone no longer ignores my hack's handoff. However, and handoff to the hack (from MacBook Air or iPhone) still doesn't work.

I think the hope for handoff using the BCM94532z card has been abandoned. It is recommended to use the Fenvi T919 card to get fully functioning handoff.

I still use the BCM94532z for wifi, bluetooth and airdrop. I gave up on using handoff since I didn't want to buy a new card.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

The title on eBay was "Genuine AirPort Module MacBook Air A1466 Mid 2013 Early 2014 Z653-0023 653-0023" and it was £15.

I think the hope for handoff using the BCM94532z card has been abandoned. It is recommended to use the Fenvi T919 card to get fully functioning handoff.

I still use the BCM94532z for wifi, bluetooth and airdrop. I gave up on using handoff since I didn't want to buy a new card.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Cheers, thanks for the updates! I think I'll stick with the BCM94532Z for now since wifi/bt/airdrop are working, and will look into getting an Apple airport card + an m.2 adapter for it sometime down the line.

Thanks again for all the help :)

Yes, everything now works absolutely perfectly for me but not with the Wifi/Bluetooth card I was using. I followed a suggestion in another thread to use an official Airport card (there are reasonably priced ones pulled from MacBooks on eBay) and everything just works with no crazy hacks, kexts or anything else. I was able to remove all those tweaks and it works perfectly. I recommend you do the same. The only difficult part was that I needed a simple adaptor to connect the card to the M.2 slot on my motherboard to replace the previous card (it just makes the pins physically line up really). The adaptor was cheap - on eBay - but took a long time to arrive from China.

Quick question – will I need to revert any kext changes I made for the BCM94352Z in order to get the genuine airport card to work properly? I ended up purchasing an adapter and a BCM94360CS2 card, but haven't installed them yet.

UPDATE: I just installed them, and without making any kext changes, everything is working perfectly! I'll probably go through and revert any changes I did make in the past, however, just for peace of mind.

Thanks again for all your help! It was a sweet feeling *finally* handing off a web page from my iPhone to my hack. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back