Contribute
Register

Handoff Option Missing in Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused because the wifi and bluetooth card isn't in the description so do you have to buy it separate? :rolleyes:

It is. Read it and see the images. It also states it in the description. I will let you know Tuesday I guess. If it's only the adapter it's going back

please let me know mate it looks quite good but as i say if its only for the adaptor I'm not paying that but if its for both the WIFI and Bluetooth and adaptor then its good :thumbup:

I'm going to purchase the IOGEAR GBU521 bluetooth USB adapter from amazon.com. The article doesn't state that WiFi is required (that I read) but that bluetooth is required to be turned on. Please correct me if I'm mistaken so I don't purchase this without being able to use it.

please let me know mate it looks quite good but as i say if its only for the adaptor I'm not paying that but if its for both the WIFI and Bluetooth and adaptor then its good :thumbup:

I will do. I'll save this thread or I'll make a new one once I get it and it's all good. I will message you direct also

i have the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 and Handsoff doesn't work but baring in mind i do get my calls and SMS texts come thru can also send SMS and voice calls also

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 23.11.45.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 23.11.45.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 384
i have the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 and Handsoff doesn't work but baring in mind i do get my calls and SMS texts come thru can also send SMS and voice calls also
Handoff won't be officially released until 8.1 is available which will be Monday (10/20/2014). That could be the reason why you're not able to get it to work.

I'm going to purchase the IOGEAR GBU521 bluetooth USB adapter from amazon.com. The article doesn't state that WiFi is required (that I read) but that bluetooth is required to be turned on. Please correct me if I'm mistaken so I don't purchase this without being able to use it.

Handoff with the apps and hotspot won't work with bt usb adapters. only calls and messages I think

but surely it should still show up in General tho?

but surely it should still show up in General tho?

That is why I said that handoff wouldn't work with the bluetooth usb adapters to begin with. What you are getting with the phonecalls on os x and the texts it's not handoff. At least that is how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong. Altogether it's called continuity. The handoff bit is the apps that can be picked up on any device in the exact same state. The calls and texts is part of continuity and theres the other bit which is the hotspot bit. In your system report/bluetooth it says it doesn't support handoff doesn't it. Thats what I get in mine anyway. Mine supports LE but no handoff or hotspot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back