Contribute
Register

Handoff Option Missing in Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is talking about his hackintosh

I know - A hackintosh with a system definition of a MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, or Mac mini made in 2012 or later is required (if you don't have a real one).

I know - A hackintosh with a system definition of a MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, or Mac mini made in 2012 or later is required (if you don't have a real one).

Ah, ok. I thought iMac 14,1 was 2013? Is it not? Originally he didn't have that, you're right

I guess it depends on how accurate the system definition is to pass as verified.

I guess it depends on how accurate the system definition is to pass as verified.

Yeah, but he doesn't have BT 4.0 LE or a supported Wifi chip so he will never get it working like that. Would you do me a favour Pilgrim? Have a look at the ebay link I posted and tell me what you think about that adaptor and apple wifi bt. It doesn't say on the listing but it should work with all the new features in Yosemite, right?

btw demonknight9 is this for all of it? the adaptor and wifi and bluetooth card? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABWB-WIFI...ther_Computing_Networking&hash=item2ed608e2df

Yep, cheapest I found. It is not the BCM94360 in the latest macs, its in the 2013 models. It's the BCM94331CD. It is still expensive to me but much better than other options out there

PS. If you're in the UK free and fast delivery. Should be here Tuesday as it's only coming from the land of Robin hood :)

Unfortunately I only have 1 PCI-E slot in my PC and it's going to be used for a USB 3.0 card so I can get faster USB speeds. I found a site by googling that lists some USB bluetooth adapters and the Targus ACB10US looks pretty cheap.

Have a look at the ebay link I posted and tell me what you think about that adaptor and apple wifi bt. It doesn't say on the listing but it should work with all the new features in Yosemite, right?

On the face of it it looks perfect.

Good Luck

Unfortunately I only have 1 PCI-E slot in my PC and it's going to be used for a USB 3.0 card so I can get faster USB speeds. I found a site by googling that lists some USB bluetooth adapters and the Targus ACB10US looks pretty cheap.

It won't work. I have two of them with supported chips

I'm confused because the wifi and bluetooth card isn't in the description so do you have to buy it separate? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back