i7-6700K
Graphics
W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have followed this guide and purchased an airport extreme + adapter combo. Both WiFi and BT seem to be working. However I'm still not able to hand off to my iPhone. I'm running El Capitan 10.11.1. Build info is in the signature.

1. My BT is working with a keyboard. I also tried a Thinkpad running Ubuntu.

2. Hand-off is enabled in OS X:

3. Bluetooth in System Information looks fine:

4. I successfully ran Continuity Activation Tool without enabling kext-dev-mode in Clover Configurator (could this be the problem?). When I realized, I enabled it in Clover Configurator and rebooted. However, Continuity Activation Tool seems to think kext-dev-mode is still not enabled, although Clover Configurator says otherwise.

5. When I try to re-run CAT, it thinks everything is fine and nothing needs to be done.

6. I can see my iPhone in the BT device list from the Hackintosh. However, when I try to connect it, it'd briefly appear as connected for half a second, and become disconnected:

It also took my many tries to pair with the iPhone. The dialog with a number would appear and disappear immediately. It finally stayed though. But I guess I don't need to pair the Hackintosh with the iPhone, right? My MacBook is not paired with my iPhone and they can hand off each other just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
kext-dev-mode does nothing in El Capitan 10.11.1

You must use Rt-Variables CsrActiveConfig=0x3 or 0x67

Clover.jpg

OK, I already set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 to disable SIP and ran CAT. It looks like AirDrop is working. I assume that means CAT has done its job and Bluetooth is functioning, right? It's strange that handoff is still not working. I have tried to log out from iCloud and log back in a few times and that didn't solve the problem.

kext-dev-mode does nothing in El Capitan 10.11.1

You must use Rt-Variables CsrActiveConfig=0x3 or 0x67

View attachment 160982

I was about to logout from all my devices today, which could be a pain (I have an iPhone and 3 Macs including the hack). And it magically started working. And I did absolutely nothing :). Well, I'm not complaining. Thanks!

Have you done the steps that i recommended you in the other post that you opened before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back