i5-3570k
Graphics
GTX670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I've been scratching my head for a quite some time and I can't figure it out.

I've installed http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadc...-bluetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh into my hackintosh. The card, as probably everybody here knows, should work OOB for most things. Well, it doesn't :)

Making and receiving calls via iPhone doesn't work.
Sending and receiving text messages via iPhone doesn't work.
Handoff/Continuity doesn't work.

The most frustrating thing is that text messages and handoff did work for a short while but stopped for unknown reasons. I didn't test making calls via FaceTime at the time.

I tried the usual things. Logged out/in on both the hackintosh and my iPhone. Tried the CAT tool. I have yet to try logging out of all my iDevices including a MacBook and iPad nearby.
Also, I've noticed that turning off bluetooth causes it to become unresponsive until reboot.

If anyone has some helpful tips, I would be grateful.

Here's some info:
CPU: Intel i5-3570k at stock speeds
Mobo: Gigabyte ga-z77-ds3h
GPU: GTX670 2GB (with 3 displays connected)

Custom stuff from MultiBeast:
UEFI Clover
iMac14,2 system definition
ALC888/887b Audio kext
AtherosL1cEthernet kext

System Report -> Bluetooth:
Code:
  Apple Bluetooth Software Version:    6.0.0f1
  Hardware, Features, and Settings:
  Name:    enterprise
  Address:    88-63-df-8f-df-7a
  Bluetooth Low Energy Supported:    Yes
  Handoff Supported:    Yes
  Instant Hot Spot Supported:    Yes
  Manufacturer:    Broadcom
  Transport:    USB
  Chipset:    20702B0
  Firmware Version:    v143 c9282
  Bluetooth Power:    On
  Discoverable:    Off
  Connectable:    Yes
  Auto Seek Pointing:    On
  Remote wake:    On
  Vendor ID:    0x05AC
  Product ID:    0x828D
  HCI Version:    4.0 (0x6)
  HCI Revision:    0x2442
  LMP Version:    4.0 (0x6)
  LMP Subversion:    0x418F
  Device Type (Major):    Computer
  Device Type (Complete):    Mac Desktop
  Composite Class Of Device:    0x380104
  Device Class (Major):    0x01
  Device Class (Minor):    0x01
  Service Class:    0x1C0
  Auto Seek Keyboard:    On

Edit, Some logs re Handoff:
Code:
default    16:15:27.388322 +0100    useractivityd    [SFContinuityScanManager] XPC proxy arrived
default    16:15:27.388349 +0100    useractivityd    restoring scan types
default    16:15:27.388380 +0100    useractivityd    client process changing types to scan for to Handoff, CopyPaste
default    16:15:27.489709 +0100    sharingd    Request to advertise GOODBYE with options {SFActivityAdvertiserOptionFlagCopyPasteKey = 0;SFActivityAdvertiserOptionMinorVersionKey = 0;SFActivityAdvertiserOptionVersionKey = 0;}
default    16:15:27.493056 +0100    sharingd    Skipping request for advertising: advertisingEnabled YES, currentConsoleUser YES, state PoweredOn, shouldNotAdvertiseRequestersCount 0, shouldStart NO
error    16:15:27.493401 +0100    useractivityd    [SFActivityAdvertiser] ERROR: dispatching cached advertisement request for advertisementPayload <> ((null))
default    16:15:27.493777 +0100    sharingd    Skipping request for enabled: YES, state: PoweredOn, shouldStart: NO, scanForCopyPaste: YES, scanForHandoff: YES
default    16:15:51.417697 +0100    sharingd    List of Activity Continuation devices changed ()
default    16:15:51.649640 +0100    sharingd    List of Activity Continuation devices changed ()
default    16:16:37.805633 +0100    sharingd    List of Activity Continuation devices changed ()
default    16:16:38.031772 +0100    sharingd    List of Activity Continuation devices changed ()

EFI/CLOVER dir attached.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Hello,

I've installed http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadc...-bluetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh into my hackintosh. The card, as probably everybody here knows, should work OOB for most things. Well, it doesn't :)

The most frustrating thing is that text messages and handoff did work for a short while but stopped for unknown reasons. I didn't test making calls via FaceTime at the time.

I tried the usual things. Logged out/in on both the hackintosh and my iPhone. Tried the CAT tool. I have yet to try logging out of all my iDevices including a MacBook and iPad nearby.
Also, I've noticed that turning off bluetooth causes it to become unresponsive until reboot.

Here's some info:

UEFI Clover
ALC888/887b Audio kext
AtherosL1cEthernet kext

Code:

EFI/CLOVER dir attached.

I had the same problem, and I solved when I changed to iMac system definition 17.1. I do not know if you worked and you self.

Thanks for the tip. Sadly it didn't work. With iMac17,1, it boots to black screen (prolly some nvidia issue)

Thanks for the tip. Sadly it didn't work. With iMac17,1, it boots to black screen (prolly some nvidia issue)
For black screen you can try this Kexts in clover folder. EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
sorry for my English.

Attachments

• Kexts.zip
    302.3 KB · Views: 43
For black screen you can try this Kexts in clover folder. EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
sorry for my English.

I believe you need to either use Pike's board-id to board-ix patch on AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to resolve the issues with booting to black screen with that system definition or rename GFX0 to GFX1 in DSDT(SSDT) Shouldn't need Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

Hello,

Here's some info:

UEFI Clover
ALC888/887b Audio kext
AtherosL1cEthernet kext

Code:

Edit, Some logs re Handoff:
Code:
default    16:15:27.388322 +0100    useractivityd    [SFContinuityScanManager] XPC proxy arrived
default    16:15:27.388349 +0100    useractivityd    restoring scan types
default    16:15:27.388380 +0100    useractivityd    client process changing types to scan for to Handoff, CopyPaste
default    16:15:27.489709 +0100    sharingd    Request to advertise GOODBYE with options {SFActivityAdvertiserOptionFlagCopyPasteKey = 0;SFActivityAdvertiserOptionMinorVersionKey = 0;SFActivityAdvertiserOptionVersionKey = 0;}
default    16:15:27.493056 +0100    sharingd    Skipping request for advertising: advertisingEnabled YES, currentConsoleUser YES, state PoweredOn, shouldNotAdvertiseRequestersCount 0, shouldStart NO
error    16:15:27.493401 +0100    useractivityd    [SFActivityAdvertiser] ERROR: dispatching cached advertisement request for advertisementPayload <> ((null))
default    16:15:27.493777 +0100    sharingd    Skipping request for enabled: YES, state: PoweredOn, shouldStart: NO, scanForCopyPaste: YES, scanForHandoff: YES
default    16:15:51.417697 +0100    sharingd    List of Activity Continuation devices changed ()
default    16:15:51.649640 +0100    sharingd    List of Activity Continuation devices changed ()
default    16:16:37.805633 +0100    sharingd    List of Activity Continuation devices changed ()
default    16:16:38.031772 +0100    sharingd    List of Activity Continuation devices changed ()

EFI/CLOVER dir attached.

This issue I think is a problem with macOS not your hardware, it's working for me but I don't have that specific card, so i can't be sure. I'm sure you tried already but i'd say start by checking the preferences of FaceTime and iMessage and making sure they are working in general first.

Thanks guys for the help but it looks like the problem got resolved on it's own.

I was playing with iMac17,1 system definition trying to make the video work. After yet another try, I had to boot with old clover config and suddenly all the handoff / iPhone features started working. No idea why - the config is exactly the same I posted above.

It kinda looks like it indeed was more macOS / iCloud problem than clover / hardware.
I won't mark the topic as solved as theres no real solution here. If anything the BCM94360CD card works as advertised - it was iCloud that needed to properly register my hackintosh or something.

Lets hope it'll keep on working.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back