i7-6700K
Graphics
W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have installed a BCM94360 wifi/BT combo card with a mini PCIe adapter. System Information reports Bluetooth is capable of Handoff. However, I just can't seem to get it work with my iPhone. The phone works fine with a Macbook Air, so the problem must be on the Hackintosh. I'm able to airdrop both ways though, which means the bluetooth must be working fine. I'm also able to connect to a BT keyboard. I have signed out from iCloud and signed in again a few times. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks.

To start looking for the problem, copy in a Terminal window this sentence and press enter to see if Handoff is really working:

cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i handoff

and check out the output details. There must be something like this:

Device Capabilities (Handoff:YES, Instant Hotspot:YES, AirDrop:YES, Legacy AirDrop:YES, Remote Disc:NO)
OR

Device Capabilities (Handoff:NO, Instant Hotspot:NO, AirDrop:YES, Legacy AirDrop:YES, Remote Disc:NO)

If all it's ok and Handoff is YES, then you can start to logout iCloud from ALL your devices were this account is used (iPhone, iPad, Mac's, Hack's). Then turn off Bluetooth in your hack (you'll need an usb mouse or keyboard after that), and delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist
Turn on bluetooth again, and finally login iCloud again from your devices, being careful that the Hack must be the last on iCloud login and test the Handoff capabilities.

Test and report.

I have Broadcom BCM94360CD combo and experiencing the same problem. Wifi works fine, Bluetooth is not connecting with my iPhone. No Hand-off, Continuity, Airdrop :(

HTML:
cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i handoff
I tried in terminal and getting no values :(

EDIT :

After Restarting my machine I get the output as the following

HTML:
Nov  6 01:00:24 Chandrus-iMac sharingd[245]: 01:00:24.796 : Device Capabilities (Handoff:YES, Instant Hotspot:YES, AirDrop:YES, Legacy AirDrop:YES, Remote Disc:NO)

EDIT 2 :

Now I can Attend the incoming call to iPhone from Hack. Safari continuity is not working, Airdrop is not working. iPhone Bluetooth is not connecting with Hack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back