Contribute
Register

Handoff/Continuity Hardware List, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered this Fenvi Wireless & bluetooth PCI-e card from Amazon.de. https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01K4EANNK/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

I did some research and apparently it should work on a hackintosh out of the box, just connect the internal USB cable from the card to the mobo. The card should arrive withint the next two weeks. If it doesn't work, gonna try a different one.

I just ordered this Fenvi Wireless & bluetooth PCI-e card from Amazon.de. https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01K4EANNK/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

I did some research and apparently it should work on a hackintosh out of the box, just connect the internal USB cable from the card to the mobo. The card should arrive withint the next two weeks. If it doesn't work, gonna try a different one.

I have the exact same one as that wouldn't work in my H97M-D3H desktop.

I have the exact same one as that wouldn't work in my H97M-D3H desktop.

I also have something similar to that but mine has a 4th antennae connection. I have no problems with it.

I also have something similar to that but mine has a 4th antennae connection. I have no problems with it.

Some motherboards just don't like having those Fenvi Adaptors in a PCI-E x16 slot.

Some motherboards just don't like having those Fenvi Adaptors in a PCI-E x16 slot.

I remember reading that this adapter works only on PCIe x1 slots. Thats where I have mine plugged into. The 1st time I tried I plugged in the x16 and it didn't work.

Arrghh! Apparently the post service has lost my purchase somewhere along the way. Amazon/HJSTechnology offered me this card instead: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M997EKF/?tag=tonymacx86-21 because the inventory of the purchased card had gone to **** because of "bad weather". Seems a bit sketchy to me.

This new part should work too. I just hope it won't get lost as well. :S

The replacement Wifi&BT card arrived today. Installation was 2 over in 2 minutes, OSX was fully booted and everything working in another 2 mins. Tested things by pairing my iPhone and using my iPhone's 4G with my hackintosh. Connection is as fast as my WLAN (50Mb/s down, 25Mb/s up), which is something I wasn't expecting. Things were different back when BT 2.0 was the newest thing. :D Everything is working, but for some reason I can't pair my Razer Orochi with my computer. I can use my mouse via the USB, so this is not a big issue.

I would recommend this PCI-e wifi&bt card for any hackintosh users.

Edit: I had forgotten how to set Orochi to pairing mode. Now it all works. :D

Last edited:
Hey, I've just ordered the same Fenvi part, just to check am I right in thinking that in your experience you can get Handoff & Continuity support out of the box on Sierra with this?

I'm building my first Hackintosh at the moment so wish me luck!

The replacement Wifi&BT card arrived today. Installation was 2 over in 2 minutes, OSX was fully booted and everything working in another 2 mins. Tested things by pairing my iPhone and using my iPhone's 4G with my hackintosh. Connection is as fast as my WLAN (50Mb/s down, 25Mb/s up), which is something I wasn't expecting. Things were different back when BT 2.0 was the newest thing. :D Everything is working, but for some reason I can't pair my Razer Orochi with my computer. I can use my mouse via the USB, so this is not a big issue.

I would recommend this PCI-e wifi&bt card for any hackintosh users.

Edit: I had forgotten how to set Orochi to pairing mode. Now it all works. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back