Contribute
Register

[HALF-SUCCESS] iTunes 12.7 constantly crashing (random messages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I have imac 17.1 selected as conf an only intel hd 530 graphics card.
I have installed shiki 2.1.1 and used shikigva=16 as argument. Itunes is now stable but the vdaDecodeChecker returns errors and hardware video decoding does not work. Has anyone had any luck with that?

Attach ioreg. I think you will find that onboard iGPU on the iMac 2013 is disabled by Apple. Ioreg on my friends iMac 14,2 shows no onboard iGPU 21.5 model.
attachment

Attachments

• iMac14,2.txt
    929.5 KB · Views: 489
Hi everyone. I have imac 17.1 selected as conf an only intel hd 530 graphics card.
I have installed shiki 2.1.1 and used shikigva=16 as argument. Itunes is now stable but the vdaDecodeChecker returns errors and hardware video decoding does not work. Has anyone had any luck with that?
try without any arguments, or different ones (see here)

The argumen is no longer necessary, I'm working right now without the argument and goes well (using the latest versions).
you have a haswell processor though, mine is kaby lake, might be different. but I haven't tested yet.

Can someone provide his shiki arguments in config.plist.
Have an UHD630 and NVIDIA 1080, the 630 with connectorless ig-platformid to just get hardware coding, i loaded the 2 Lilu and Shiki newest kexts and put them in Other folder. No Playback of DRM movies so far.

It would be great if someone here could please upload their compiled shiki 2.1.2. I don't want to install Xcode solely for being to impatient till the official release version comes out ;)

Thx in advance!
cheers

Me too! I am using Shiki 2.1.2
When I use shikigva=16, iTunes no longer crash but VDADecodeChecker returned error (offline connected anyway)
Taking away shikigva=16 will restore hardware decode in IINA / VLC but iTunes would crash.

I have the same issue without argument no VDA with argument iTunes crash; I am using just SKL HD530;
Also, I want to learn this which usage is correct; -shikigva=16 or shikigva=16

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 20.16.20.png

Here you go. But still no success with my NVIDIA in iTunes DRM. Still wondering what Shikigva flag may be neccessary

Attachments

• Shiki.kext.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 74
I've now installed the latest Shiki, Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts to /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, and without using either shikigva=16 or shikigva=1 boot arguments, and now everything seems to be working fine. I've had iTunes running for the past three days without crashing; before I removed shikigva=16 from the boot arguments I had my entire system (not iTunes) hang, but once I removed it everything seems to be working just fine. I'm on Intel HD Graphics 4400, so if anyone else is using internal graphics this might be a working solution.

EDIT: I might add that I only have mp3s ripped from my own CDs in my iTunes library, so nothing with DRM, I'm not sure if this would work for people with DRM videos in their libraries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back