Contribute
Register

[HALF-SUCCESS] iTunes 12.7 constantly crashing (random messages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try it out with the argument 'shikigva=1'.
Also, review your clover config, or try also changing the sysdef.

shikigva=1 didn't work either. I double-checked my clover config boot flags and reinstalled the latest kexts from Github (Lilu, Shiki) and IntelGraphicsFixup to Library/Extensions. Just tried shikigva=16 again and rebooted - still crashing. I'm not changing sysdef since I doubt there's one more appropriate for my system than MacBookAir6,2. By the way this is on 10.13.1.

Edit: I just tried repairing permissions and rebuilding cache. Seems stable so far. I'll report back if this changes.

Edit2: Nope, still crashes.

Edit3: I'm using shikigva=16 and shikigva=1 in conjunction now and iTunes appears to be stable for the moment.

Edit4: Just experienced a few crashes. They seem less frequent, but it's still annoying for them to happen while listening to music.

Last edited:
shikigva=1 didn't work either. I double-checked my clover config boot flags and reinstalled the latest kexts from Github (Lilu, Shiki) and IntelGraphicsFixup to Library/Extensions. Just tried shikigva=16 again and rebooted - still crashing. I'm not changing sysdef since I doubt there's one more appropriate for my system than MacBookAir6,2. By the way this is on 10.13.1.

Edit: I just tried repairing permissions and rebuilding cache. Seems stable so far. I'll report back if this changes.

Edit2: Nope, still crashes.

Edit3: I'm using shikigva=16 and shikigva=1 in conjunction now and iTunes appears to be stable for the moment.

Edit4: Just experienced a few crashes. They seem less frequent, but it's still annoying for them to happen while listening to music.

Can you share your clover's configuration file? (hash the serials and another information after).
Also, as a best practice, I put the kext files into the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other instead /L/E or /S/L/E.

NOTE: The latest code from Shiki doesn't need the argument 'shikigva=16' anymore.

lilu.kex and shiki.kext has been updated. no more iTunes crashes for me. HD4400 graphics. try updating to latest kext. solved my crashes.

Can you share your clover's configuration file? (hash the serials and another information after).
Also, as a best practice, I put the kext files into the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other instead /L/E or /S/L/E.

NOTE: The latest code from Shiki doesn't need the argument 'shikigva=16' anymore.

I moved kext files from L/E to Clover's Other folder and removed the boot flags. Repaired permissions and rebuilt caches. No more crashing. Thanks for the assistance!

I thought it would be good to reinstall HS with all the changes I made to trying to fix this before the new Shiki came out. I was surprised to see iTunes 10.6.2.20 is bundled with the latest macOS 10.13.1 download. I don’t require DRM since it’s only function is iTunes library for my Apple TV’s and I’m happy to report it runs perfectly without Shiki, I just hid the iTunes update. I do have intelgraphics and lilu for the hd530 glitch and hardware acceleration works. Don’t know what they did in the new iTunes but I’m happy with this config for the time being.

Latest shiki and lilu (2.1.1) with -shikigva=16 bootarg fixed iTunes 12.6.3.6 (I need that version). Installed to. L/E

On 13.1 on 7200U, no dedicated graphics.

Devs fcuking rock.

I am confused.

I have got an genuine iMac 14,2. This type had a i7-4771 CPU. I looked up this model in ark.intel.com. The grahics of the cpu is HD4600.
I compared the ioreg output of my hackintosh and the genuine iMac 14,2. The device-id of IGPU is the same. I changed the ig-platform-id to the same as that on the iMac. But it seems nothing related between ig-platform-id and the IntelAccelerator. The IMEI device of my hackintosh isthe same as the iMac.

Why is it stable on the genuine iMac? Did Apple use an special version if i7-4771? Or we just missed some other ID to inject?

Attach ioreg. I think you will find that onboard iGPU on the iMac 2013 is disabled by Apple. Ioreg on my friends iMac 14,2 shows no onboard iGPU 21.5 model.

New kexts from vit (shiki,intelgraphicfixup and lilu) really fixed everything now. Itunes is rock stable. Before, even with boot arg -shikigva=16 it crashed a lot.

So it was probably kext bug or some similar issue.

iTunes doesn't seem to crash anymore, using Shiki 2.1.2, -shikigva=12 (not sure if still necessary) on i7 7700K w/ HD630 + GTX 970. Looking good, thanks vit9696!

EDIT: full hardware acceleration working too, forgot to mention :)

iTunes doesn't seem to crash anymore, using Shiki 2.1.2, -shikigva=12 (not sure if still necessary) on i7 7700K w/ HD630 + GTX 970. Looking good, thanks vit9696!

The argumen is no longer necessary, I'm working right now without the argument and goes well (using the latest versions).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back