Contribute
Register

[HALF-SUCCESS] iTunes 12.7 constantly crashing (random messages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure whats wrong but the new Shiki has not resolved my crashes, am I fighting two issues?

EDIT: updating my profile, I'm using Skylake..

SMBios 14,2
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB
VDADecoderChecker: HW Acceleration is fully supported
Shiki.kext: Version 2.1.1
AppleSNBFBUserClient: iTunes Pid
Boot: -shikigva=16
I’d check that shiki is definitely loading.

Use shikigva=16 should work, not -shikigva=16.
Thanks shuhung, that always confused me because its always written without the dash but clover config shows it with the dash for -shikioff :)

I think that might have been the problem, really appreciate it!!

Used the latest Shikigva.kext and bootflag shikigva=16 resolves iTunes crashing for me.
Nice band-aid solution... (for now!) .. Thanks everyone!!!

I'm trying to get iTunes to work with Intel HW acceleration enabled on 10.13.1 on my machine.
HD630+GTX970, hw acceleration works perfectly with shikigva=12, but iTunes crashes.
Code:
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95
Hardware acceleration is fully supported

However, with shikigva=16 (which should be the workaround) I get this (iTunes works, though):
Code:

AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer

VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

Both Lilu and Shiki are on the latest versions, compiled directly from source, on Clover/kexts/Other. I also have NVidiaGraphicsFixup installed there.
Is shikigva=16 not supposed to work on nvidia + intel offline?

I'm trying to get iTunes to work with Intel HW acceleration enabled on 10.13.1 on my machine.
HD630+GTX970, hw acceleration works perfectly with shikigva=12, but iTunes crashes.
Code:
Hardware acceleration is fully supported

However, with shikigva=16 (which should be the workaround) I get this (iTunes works, though):
Code:

AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

Both Lilu and Shiki are on the latest versions, compiled directly from source, on Clover/kexts/Other. I also have NVidiaGraphicsFixup installed there.
Is shikigva=16 not supposed to work on nvidia + intel offline?

Try to enable hardware acceleration by modifying the /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/info.plist ? I found using shikigva=1 didn't work without modifying the info.plist

I found using shikigva=1 didn't work without modifying the info.plist

Base on condition, if configuration is IGPU + DGPU and DGPU as primary, do not need shikigva=1, shikigva=1 will disable HW VDADecoder.

Condition: IGPU + DGPU
IGPU offline is true, AppleGVA info.plist setting forceOfflineRenderer=Yes, then true + true = true, both are offline, do not need shikigva=1, VDADecoder default enabled.

If set shikigva=1, AppleGVA info.plist setting will change to forceOfflineRenderer=No, IGPU offline is true, false + true = false, then VDADecoder is disabled.

I installed a RX560 to my hackintosh, disabled IGPU completely, set mac type to iMac 15,1 (hw acceleration is enabled on this type natively), and removed Shiki. iTunes is perfect stable. HW acceleration is fully supported.

I also tested the condition of RX560 + HD4600. macOS recognized two GPU, integrated and PCIe. iTunes crashes normally.

Hmmm, I think I've found a solution for me. Use the discrete GPU.:D

Last edited:
I installed a RX560 to my hackintosh, disabled IGPU completely, set mac type to iMac 15,1 (hw acceleration is enabled on this type natively), and removed Shiki. iTunes is perfect stable. HW acceleration is fully supported.

I also tested the condition of RX560 + HD4600. macOS recognized two GPU, integrated and PCIe. iTunes crashes normally.

Hmmm, I think I've found a solution for me. Use the discrete GPU.

Can you export h264 video from iMovie when disable iGPU?

I have rx480 with skylake and the situation is exactly the same as urs. However, disabling igpu caused an error when I try to export video from iMovie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back