Contribute
Register

[HALF-SUCCESS] iTunes 12.7 constantly crashing (random messages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done the following test: Close session on iTunes (also removed authorization). Never crash anymore, but obviously: no apple music or streaming for bought content (trailers and free content works fine) LOL.

[UPDATE]
Just a minute after this post, iTunes crashed... hahahaha

@familygw Please verify if you can see a track's album artwork as its file icon in the finder. me and @elmacci couldn't see any of the track's album artwork in the finder. Though this was solved when I reinstalled HS on my computer. Don't know if this problem was solved for @elmacci as well when he re-installed HS.

@familygw Please verify if you can see a track's album artwork as its file icon in the finder. me and @elmacci couldn't see any of the track's album artwork in the finder. Though this was solved when I reinstalled HS on my computer. Don't know if this problem was solved for @elmacci as well when he re-installed HS.

I found out that I can't see album artwork in my Mac mini, either. When I navigate to Apple Music folder, I see all the music files's icons have a small lock on the top left corner.

Nope, I'm not either.

What audio drivers are you guys using?

Previously I used VoodooHDA, iTunes keeps crashing. Now I am using AppleALC, it seems iTunes are working good.

What audio drivers are you guys using?

Previously I used VoodooHDA, iTunes keeps crashing. Now I am using AppleALC, it seems iTunes are working good.
Been using AppleALC from the beginning, nothing else. Doubt that this fixes the issue, sorry .

Been using AppleALC from the beginning, nothing else. Doubt that this fixes the issue, sorry .

Well. Maybe audio drivers are not to blame here. Anyway, it seems VoodooHDA broke auto sleep on my hackintosh, so I switched to AppleALC to give it a try.

Hey guys, Not sure if I should be in a separate thread.... I'm using none of those kexts, and for me iTunes 12.7 crashes right at opening — I can't even get to the main window to click on a song. It either crashes on the EULA "Agree" screen, or crashes on "updating library". I get the beach ball, and then have to Force Quit. I tried downgrading to 12.5.5, and re-installing 12.7. I also tried logging in as a new user. Same result. Can't even open iTunes. I have read through this thread, and Apple Discussions. Any suggestions are appreciated, in case I'm missing something obvious. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back