Contribute
Register

[HALF-SUCCESS] iTunes 12.7 constantly crashing (random messages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed a RX560 to my hackintosh, disabled IGPU completely, set mac type to iMac 15,1 (hw acceleration is enabled on this type natively), and removed Shiki. iTunes is perfect stable. HW acceleration is fully supported.

I also tested the condition of RX560 + HD4600. macOS recognized two GPU, integrated and PCIe. iTunes crashes normally.

Hmmm, I think I've found a solution for me. Use the discrete GPU.:D

Can you share your clover's config.plist (hashing your serials :))? I've the same sysdef (because the most matching hardware I have) but with NVIDIA the hardware acceleration doesn't work.

Other couple of questions:
AirPlay is enabled?
Without Shiki, DRM content at iTunes is working?

Regards

Can you export h264 video from iMovie when disable iGPU?

I have rx480 with skylake and the situation is exactly the same as urs. However, disabling igpu caused an error when I try to export video from iMovie.
It seems ok to export video from iMovie. But I've not seen any option for H.264 or other encoding.

Can you share your clover's config.plist (hashing your serials :))? I've the same sysdef (because the most matching hardware I have) but with NVIDIA the hardware acceleration doesn't work.

Other couple of questions:
AirPlay is enabled?
Without Shiki, DRM content at iTunes is working?

Regards
I can't see AirPlay icon on my iTunes. My hackintosh is in a complex network, so I can't confirm what make the AirPlay missing.
Stream video playing on iTunes seems ok, iTunes is very stable. And, I think nothing can be downloaded in my region:cry:, so I can't test the DRM playing. Is there any other way to test?

BTW, MacX Video Converter said NO hw acceleration available.

Last edited:
It seems ok to export video from iMovie. But I've not seen any option for H.264 or other encoding.

In my case, "best quality" works on both iGPU enabled and disabled, but "high quality" only works on enabled.
You can notice the estimated size is a huge difference, so I think it might work with different hardwares.

Please try both quality on iMovie. Maybe something wrong with my clover setting.
BTW, I set it to iMac 17.1 based on my CPU config.

great! it works. finally my laptop becomes perfect

In my case, "best quality" works on both iGPU enabled and disabled, but "high quality" only works on enabled.
You can notice the estimated size is a huge difference, so I think it might work with different hardwares.

Please try both quality on iMovie. Maybe something wrong with my clover setting.
BTW, I set it to iMac 17.1 based on my CPU config.

I've tried low, mid, high and the best. With each quality, I've tried fast and better quality. It seems nothing wrong. My mac type is iMac 15,1.

Did you run the VDADecoderChecker to validate?
Yes, it returned as follow.
Code:
$ VDADecoderChecker
Hardware acceleration is fully supported
I know it's not perfect, because the internal gpu is missing. But it seems nothing wrong for daily using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back