i9-7920x
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All,
I successfully installed 10.11.4 on my Z170-HD3, i5 6500, 64gig (4x16) of ram.
I had to setup OS X as iMac 17,1 due to Skylake.

Ram: 16x4 2133MHz
What's Showing: 8x4 3200MHz

Obviously I need to repair both, the size and speed.

When in the latest version of Clover, I tried to input each ram stick separately under SMBIOS, the max size per slot is 8gig. I cannot go higher. Maybe I'm missing something? Please help!

Hello All,

Ram: 16x4 2133MHz
What's Showing: 8x4 3200MHz

Obviously I need to repair both, the size and speed.

When in the latest version of Clover, I tried to input each ram stick separately under SMBIOS, the max size per slot is 8gig. I cannot go higher. Maybe I'm missing something? Please help!

Well if you check the manual. It states 32 GB system memory ( see page 7 ).

Good modding,
neil

Well if you check the manual. It states 32 GB system memory ( see page 7 ).

Good modding,
neil
I got it working by changing SMBIOS to Trust--->true.

After a couple of reboots, Now all 64gigs are recognized and at the correct speed.

Thank you either way

Just update Clover, in Clover Configurator : last version is 3526
It has update automatically the ram for me. And now when I change parameters in Bios for increase speed, the modifications is always updated in About this Mac !

Hope it will work for you.

Edit : I add a new thread 2 min ago with the how to !

Last edited:
could you pls share config?

could you pls share config?

If you're having trouble with the ram...
Can't right this second... However, it is a simple fix.

Here's how I did it:
1. I opened my config file with text editor
2. Under SMBIOS look for Trust
3. right below that I changed the value from false to true
4. I had to shutdown my system a couple of times and start up (Restart didn't work for me)

Then everything showed up properly.

I'll gladly look at your config file if you post it and respond if you wish to post yours.

Hi, in fact I have problems with booting. I can not boot no longer. First i could boot only from USB (I choose USB as a boot device in BIOS) and if i choose boot device HDD - it is terminated. But now, after I ran a multibeast once again and changed SMBIOS to 3.1 i can not boot either way... I can not figure out why, i did back up my config file, but even after I change it to an old one nothing new happens.. System boot is terminated soon after apple logo shows up. Do I have to start over or what...

Hi, in fact I have problems with booting. I can not boot no longer. First i could boot only from USB (I choose USB as a boot device in BIOS) and if i choose boot device HDD - it is terminated. But now, after I ran a multibeast once again and changed SMBIOS to 3.1 i can not boot either way... I can not figure out why, i did back up my config file, but even after I change it to an old one nothing new happens.. System boot is terminated soon after apple logo shows up. Do I have to start over or what...
I suggest starting a new post... You'll get your help there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back