Contribute
Register

Half black screen won't boot (onboard HD4000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
B75M-D3P
CPU
Intel Core i5-3750K
Graphics
none
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is not turning out to be the smooth installation I had hoped for when I bought the recommended parts from the Guide...
Broken motherboard cost me a day, then I had an incompatible installation USB stick, then there was something with my fonts (see other topic), and now this.

It worked for about 2 hours.
At least sort of, the system would occasionally seem to freeze where the dock wouldn't respond anymore.
I couldn't install some programs (Google Chrome/Final Cut 7 - the installers had to restart and then quit themselves) but a reboot fixed that.

But now the stupid thing won't turn on - I think the problem might be the graphics since the screen is half black
I'm using the onboard graphics on GA-B75M-D3P (which I'm pretty sure is HD4000). This board is supposedly fully supported.

Problem occurred after I re-ran MultiBeast to check the USB3.0 box, and I installed drivers for ALFA 036H wifi adapter - then I hit reboot.

My Bios is set to ACHI on, with Internal Graphics enabled at 64M. Connected to monitor with DVI-D cable.

I briefly get the grey logo screen with the spinning thing, and then the attached happens.
Half the screen is grey, the rest is black with some static color stuff at the sides. Screenshot attached.

I've tried boot: -x
and boot: -f
and boot: GraphicsEnabler=Yes "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" -v

This all did not help.

Could someone please tell me what I have to do to get things back to working?

Attachments

• monitor.jpg
    monitor.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,615
Have you tried unplugging the screen from the motherboard, and then plugging it back in? That seemed to help last time with me (but only tested once, not sure if this always fixes it, and still no idea on what causes it).

Sorry, I only read the first sentence (in the notification email) and didn't realize you had typed more.
I haven't booted my hackintosh again yet, will see if I still have the same issue on the next boot.

This happens every time i turn on my computer or if it goes to sleep, if i trie waking the computer all I get is a black screen, I just unplug the monitor from the computer and reconnect it, usually solves my problem, But i dont knopw any real fix,,

so I have tryed clean reinstall 10.8.2 and all works ..
I realized that in 10.8.2 is already native USB3 driver and it works. So maybe the problem was just with conflict of two usb3 kexts. (I used caldigit).

I get the exact same thing... I don't know why. Did you get it to work?

I saw your note regarding USB 3.0 natively supported. I'll try to do a reinstall (without any USB3 kexts) and see if the same problem appear.

Hi,

Using an Asus P8H61-I (Mini-ITX) with an i3225 / onboard HD4000 (thus Ivy/Sandy bridge mixed, I applied the kext patch included in Multibeast), I got exactly the same problem. Is there a solution for that ?

Thanks

Matthieu

I'm having the same problem as well. Everything works so far, except that when I reboot, I get the messed up and glitchy graphics. Unplugging cable and replugging it in fixes this, but I'd like to know what caused it.
Possibly a display problem, as everything is functioning. I can even log in and launch applications, I just can't really see anything.
My monitor is a ViewSonic VX2450, if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back