Contribute
Register

Hades Canyon, MacOS, and You - NUC8I7HVK and NUC8I7HNK

Is this an exercise in futility?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it going now?

I tested one and the default display drivers work but no acceleration. The Vega graphics don’t load and the Intel graphics don’t have output connectors. The best I could do was spoof the Kabylake Kexts to partially load the framebuffer but the accelerators did not load. You could check with Rehabman he has one now.
What does this mean for usability. Sorry I'm such a noob! I'm also looking at using a Hades canyon Nuc like this and hoping to run Mac Os on it and I'm not a gamer at all. What are the issues with this build (As if you're talking to a child)

i am interested in this build also, it should be a high functioning system if anything like the Linux systems built on the hades canyon Intel NUC
What does this mean for usability. Sorry I'm such a noob! I'm also looking at using a Hades canyon Nuc like this and hoping to run Mac Os on it and I'm not a gamer at all. What are the issues with this build (As if you're talking to a child)
i am not a computer person, but you should want a to use the hardware capabilities and not just have MacOS running on a computer. perhaps if all you do is email, Amazon and FB, you might be OK, but there are videos on FB. i am not sure sure what the ramifications are for Youtube and FB videos are but it would be nice to have around 30 frames per second (60 is nicer) at 1080p video mode. you know, in order to enjoy the videos. sorry to respond when not qualified, but maybe someone will correct this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back