Contribute
Register

"HackinWorth" Skylake Value Rig - El Capitan/i5-6500/GA-H170-Gaming 3/GTX 970/16GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA-H170 Gaming 3 + i5 6500 + GT640 + Sierra

I have problem with Audio Hack - Realtek ALC1150
Follow your method https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC
But not success, it's say

Code:
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: disabled.

OK to patch

No audio codec detected
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

How to solve this problem?

Hi mots,

Is this motherboard working fine with Mac OS Sierra?, because I am planning to buy this motherboard.

Please confirm...

Thanks,
Saran.

mots's "HackinWorth" Value Rig:
i5-6500 - GA-H170-Gaming 3 - 16GB - GTX 970

I haven't gotten around to upgrading to Sierra on this machine yet, but I will probably do it soon. My son uses this rig for gaming, so I am waiting a bit to make sure of the stability. It has been rock solid on El Capitan.

However, I did upgrade my Skylake Econo rig (see below), first to Sierra 10.12.1 and then to 10.12.2 this week. No issues with that system yet, so I'll likely take the plunge soon with this system. Honestly, I don't anticipate any issues.

GA-H170 Gaming 3 + i5 6500 + GT640 + Sierra

I have problem with Audio Hack - Realtek ALC1150
Follow your method https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC
But not success, it's say

Code:
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: disabled.

OK to patch

No audio codec detected
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

How to solve this problem?

Audio is the biggest PIA. The first time my audio was a failure when I did the original install. I used MultiBeast and did something wrong with the ALC1150 choices and it wrote over the system AppleHDA.kext. Until that system file was replaced, it was cooked and the scripts would not work. I then had to restore it from the original media since I hadn't yet made a backup (I had to Google that to figure out how to do it). You should be able to tell from the date/time of the file if you have overwritten the kext.

Otherwise, if this isn't the case, I would try this thread and go through the options, and see if someone can help:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143752/#post886726

For Sierra, there is another toleda audio thread IIRC.

Hi guys!
First of all big thanks to @mots for the post.
I have a similar build
GA H170 Gaming 3 16gb ram
GTX 960 4gb
i5 6600

everything is working pretty well
the only (minor) issue is my external hard drives show up in disk utility as internal hard drives but it says it is a usb connection and I can eject them with no problems. I think is more a cosmetic issue as the Icons are the grey ones (internal drives) not the yellow ones.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi guys!
First of all big thanks to @mots for the post.
I have a similar build
GA H170 Gaming 3 16gb ram
GTX 960 4gb
i5 6600

everything is working pretty well
the only (minor) issue is my external hard drives show up in disk utility as internal hard drives but it says it is a usb connection and I can eject them with no problems. I think is more a cosmetic issue as the Icons are the grey ones (internal drives) not the yellow ones.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi, both of my hacks show the same grey icon for the external USB drives. I never noticed this before, but I'm sure it is only cosmetic.

Cheers

I. MacOs Sierra
On Sierra 10.12.2 with the same motherboard and CPU.
Everything works except continuity which I don't have the hardware.
Runs solid if not messing around with the bios and Clover.
Will consolidate guide when I'm free.

II. F20 Bios update
a. fixes multiple UEFI register in boot options
b. kill GPU acceleration. This can be fixed by following problem 6 in this guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/
c. Shutdown results in reboot. Fixed by adding FixShutdown in Clover Configurator.

edited: temperature sensors do not work. Does anyone know if it works in el capitan?

Last edited:
I. MacOs Sierra
On Sierra 10.12.2 with the same motherboard and CPU.
Everything works except continuity which I don't have the hardware.
Runs solid if not messing around with the bios and Clover.
Will consolidate guide when I'm free.

II. F20 Bios update
a. fixes multiple UEFI register in boot options
b. kill GPU acceleration. This can be fixed by following problem 6 in this guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/
c. Shutdown results in reboot. Fixed by adding FixShutdown in Clover Configurator.

edited: temperature sensors do not work. Does anyone know if it works in el capitan?

Hi ActivityRequired, thanks for the feedback/update. I am running Sierra/F20 on my other hack in my sig (Econo Rig). I have been back and forth between the F5 and F20 BIOS on that machine a few times checking things out. These two machines are very similar and I will likely be moving to Sierra/F20 on this machine soon, so it's great to have someone else checking in!

Comments/Questions:
  1. Nvidia support - Yes, the EmuVariableUefi-64 driver is required for Nvidia support, it can also be installed in Clover Configurator under "Install Drivers". In Sierra, you will also need the newer NvidiaWeb option enabled (supported in Clover r3751+). This is under System Parameters in Clover Configurator.
  2. If shutdown results in a reboot, have you tried setting ErP = Enabled in the BIOS as I have mentioned in the OP? On El Capitan this fixed the issue for me without FixShutdown workaround. This option is available in F20
  3. How are you checking the temp sensors, from command line or from an application? I'm pretty certain the Intel Power Gadget shows my CPU temp sensor in El Capitan. It also properly shows the temp in Sierra on the Econo Rig I am typing from right now, but I'll check this on the Hack in the OP when I get a chance.
  4. "KernelPM" and "Patch APIC" are also necessary to boot Sierra on many hacks. I have both options enabled on my other hack, but I seem to be able to run without the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back