Contribute
Register

Hackintoshes not getting updates with OpenCore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING (WI-FI)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
is there something in OpenCore that keeps the Software updater from seeing that there is an update?

All of my Hackintoshes have the same issue and have for the last few updates. I have had to force the updates all manually.

like right now the one that I'm on is on 11.01. and it says that I'm all up to date. That clearly assent the case. The other one was on 11.1 and wouldn't update to 11.2 I literally had to go to the actor and download Big Sur and install it on the existing partition and it updated it. this is of course not ideal

I don't see this on my hacks, do you have sip disabled? I have heard disabling sip could in some cases prevent updates from showing up.

For Big Sur, SIP should be enabled for OTA updates.

@jbarnette , @dfritchie , @Bustycat here is a link for all interested parties that wish to obtain a better understanding of the implications for disabling SIP on Big Sur, particularly the consequences to Apple's new security environment for Big Sur when the cryptographic seal of the system volume is broken by some user action whilst SIP was disabled.

Very interesting read and highly recommended for those that want to come to grips with SIP.

Greetings Henties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back