Contribute
Register

Hackintosh (Z77, i5-2500k)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Thanks for the recommendations, I've decided that I'll get a USB sound card, I wish there was more selection of MATX motherboards, but the website I bought all my parts from only has MSI Z77MA G45 as an alternative and while I could buy that they have zero in stock, and it's only available through backorder which can take a very long time..

And even locally where I buy my parts they only have one Z77 MATX board which is the Gigabyte Z77M D3H..

I'll probably get the Sabrent USB Sound Card or Soundblaster Play! they are both priced around $20.. If anyone know's better deals let me know :p I'm in Canada btw..

Yamcha said:
I'm actually taking the plunge & ordering a Z77 Motherboard.. I've chose Z77M D3H, I know there is no guarantee that it'll work, but I'll be posting my experiences with the Mobo as soon as it arrives..

I also hope Z77M-d3h will support native power mgmt like z77-ds3h. I need mATX and don't need built-in audio (have Echo Audiofire 2, through PCI-E 1394 adapter).

sky said:
Yamcha said:
I'm actually taking the plunge & ordering a Z77 Motherboard.. I've chose Z77M D3H, I know there is no guarantee that it'll work, but I'll be posting my experiences with the Mobo as soon as it arrives..

I also hope Z77M-d3h will support native power mgmt like z77-ds3h. I need mATX and don't need built-in audio (have Echo Audiofire 2, through PCI-E 1394 adapter).

Just to let you know I've successfully installed Mac OSX Lion 10.7.4 used the UniBeast method, and it worked like a charm, Ethernet working perfectly, I'm having trouble with VIA audio though, getting kernel panic with VoodooHDA.. But If your using a supported PCI Audio you should be fine..

Performance wise I think I'm getting reasonable scores.. I get 9900 Geekbench 32-Bit.. Stock settings of course.. Might see an improvement with DSDT if it comes..

Yamcha said:
Just to let you know I've successfully installed Mac OSX Lion 10.7.4 used the UniBeast method, and it worked like a charm, Ethernet working perfectly, I'm having trouble with VIA audio though, getting kernel panic with VoodooHDA.. But If your using a supported PCI Audio you should be fine..

Performance wise I think I'm getting reasonable scores.. I get 9900 Geekbench 32-Bit.. Stock settings of course.. Might see an improvement with DSDT if it comes..

Thanks bro! :thumbup:
Didn't you have any troubles with keyboad and mouse? I just installed Lion and mouse cursor runs ok on desktop, but i can't click anything. USB Rollback from MultiBeast got no effect((. But i trying with i7-3770k

sky said:
Yamcha said:

Didn't you have any troubles with keyboad and mouse? I just installed Lion and mouse cursor runs ok on desktop, but i can't click anything. USB Rollback from MultiBeast got no effect((. But i trying with i7-3770k

Hmm, thats strange, I have not had issues with my Apple Keyboard & Mouse.. Everything works perfectly.. Maybe you installed unnecessary stuff? On Multibeast I chose:

EasyBeast
System Utilities
Network = Atheros
Voodoo HDA (Latest)

I had to delete AppleHDA in advanced otherwise you get kernel panic.. Also must say that Voodoo HDA audio is pretty good.. No static noises or anything.. No need for USB Sound..

To OP: Any problems with that graphics card?

Just to calify I'm a noob, but have a near perfect hack working :)
I tried out an Nvidea GeForce 440, but video was very jerky fullscreen, wasnt great, but worked perfectly on my PC. Even with the nvidea 4xx enablers and cuda installed its buggy and laggy. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? graphicsenabler=yes btw.

It's not in the recommended list on the customac page. So I wan to get a GeForce GTX 550Ti instead. HJas it performed well for you as far as games, video ect..?

Thanks- the_unknown

the_unknown said:
To OP: Any problems with that graphics card?

Just to calify I'm a noob, but have a near perfect hack working :)
I tried out an Nvidea GeForce 440, but video was very jerky fullscreen, wasnt great, but worked perfectly on my PC. Even with the nvidea 4xx enablers and cuda installed its buggy and laggy. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? graphicsenabler=yes btw.

It's not in the recommended list on the customac page. So I wan to get a GeForce GTX 550Ti instead. HJas it performed well for you as far as games, video ect..?

Thanks- the_unknown

GT 440 worked perfectly for me in Core 2 Duo configuration. GE=No + latest drivers from Nvidia site. Sorry, i don't have this config since i replaced it to Z77M-D3H mobo, but just my minds.

Yamcha said:
sky said:
Yamcha said:

Hmm, thats strange, I have not had issues with my Apple Keyboard & Mouse.. Everything works perfectly.. Maybe you installed unnecessary stuff? On Multibeast I chose:

EasyBeast
System Utilities
Network = Atheros
Voodoo HDA (Latest)

I had to delete AppleHDA in advanced otherwise you get kernel panic.. Also must say that Voodoo HDA audio is pretty good.. No static noises or anything.. No need for USB Sound..

Yamcha, can you, show me in ditails what you choose when run multibeast. i did same thing with you said, but it not work for me. everytime i choose easyBeast,System Ultilities,network,Voodoo HDA, it always cant boot.

thanks- huuphong33

Did you ever get it working huuphong? I have this mobo and plan on building it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back