Radeon RX 580 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hackintosh Yosemite cannot boot without Unibeast USB

Hi,

I've got my build together for my first Hackintosh. Installed OS X Yosemite using Unibeast and Multibeast.

Everything runs smoothly, unless I take out the Unibeast USB drive and restart. Upon restart, I either see the BIOS screen or now, because I've installed Windows 7 (on a different SSD), Windows starts up.

Workaround at the moment is to keep the USB key in and boot into that to select Mac OS. I've looked at articles talking about boot0 issues, but I'm not completely certain this is the case. I've also tried re-installing Chameleon bootloader.

Build components below - thanks in advance for any help.

Part Component
CPU Intel Core-i7 4790K @4.00 Ghz unlocked
GPU MSI GeForce GTX 970
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1
RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB (8GB x 2 @1866Mhz)
Cooler Corsair H100i (water cooling)
Optical Drive Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Storage Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5" SSD (OS X)
Crucial M550 256GB 2.5" SSD (Windows 7 Ultimate/8.1 Pro)
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD (1TB Windows/1TB Mac OS X) Media storage
Case Fractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Case (windowed)
WiFi TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
PSU Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor 28" U28D590D UHD Gaming Monitor

Last edited:
I'm not even sure. I just know I tried Chimera to start with, tried clover (without success), and then switched back to Chimera. Maybe that did something it needed. I'm not sure to be honest. Can't say that would solve your issue, or if that's what you should do. I just know I was having issues with installing the bootloader, and that's what seem to work for me.

I'm thinking MultiBeast might have some bugs that need worked out for Yosemite.

The Crucial MX100 is a 4k sector SSD drive. You will need to use the Boot0 guide to let you boot directly from the SSD without the help of your USB. First disconnect the Windows SSD and the storage HDD while you do this.

Run
Code:
 diskutil list

This will give you the correct identifier to use in the command text. disk0s2 is common for Gigabyte motherboards where the installation drive is on Sata port 0. I believe that Asus use Sata port 1 as the primary choice. Your Windows drive may be connected here.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/65706-article-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Change the highlighted code to that of your OSX SSD installation.

Code:
 [COLOR=#000000]dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/[B]disk0s2[/B]
[/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back