Register

Hackintosh won't start after deleting AppleAHCIPort.kext [Screenshots Attached]

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
INTEL CPU CORE I7-6700K 4.0GHZ 8MB LGA1151
Graphics
GIGABYTE NVIDIA 4GB GDDR5
Hi guys. My Hackintosh was working just great for a long time until yesterday, when I decided to add a new hard drive.

I'm running Sierra through a Samsung Evo 850 500gb SSD but that capacity was not enough for me, so I decided to buy an Seagate Barracuda 1Tb 64Mb Cache 7200rpm. After the installation I turned the computer on but this message appeared "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer.". That's when I started searching for similar threads and found that it might have something to do with the kext "AppleAHCIPort". I tried upgrading it (I already had that kext) to a newer version, through Kext Utility, but it gave an error. That's when I decided to delete thoose kexts (in Library/Extensions and S/L/E) and reboot.

Now everytime the Apple Logo appears, the bar goes almost full until a stop sign shows up. I'm going to attach what I got, running verbose mode through Clover.

Thanks for the help.
Best regards.

Attachments

• IMG_20171217_153842.jpg
    IMG_20171217_153842.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 359
  • IMG_20171217_154050.jpg
    IMG_20171217_154050.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Does anyone have a solution for this? Thank you.

Thanks @toleda but, do I have to reinstall the OS or the kext? If it's the kext, how can I do it without booting? Does this apply to me: "

You have two choices:

- pull the drive, connect via SATA or USB to different (working) Mac/hack computer, and do the fix on that computer... re-install drive
- boot into the OS X installer like you did when you installed... but choose Terminal and execute the commands necessary to install the kext via Terminal"

About the disk problem, I did that before but nothing happened.. That's why I messed up with the kexts.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back