Contribute
Register

hackintosh won't shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks rasterX - "In the GigaByte BIOS, setting "PME Event Wake Up = Disabled" solved my constant Shut Down -> Reboot problem." - also fixed the problem I was having (not shutting off) with my Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 :thumbup:

Just wanted to add I had the same problem same solution with a customac and later install of windows. Windows must have set my bios or something because I was just in it configuring right before!

Hello:
This is my first "Hackintosh".
I installed Lion in a Dell Vostro 200.
Everything was working fine except that SHUTDOWN would restart after a few seconds.
I tried all posted solutions until I was unable login into Lion.

Due to my lack of experience with the Mac OS X, I decided to do another clean install.
Again, everything was working fine, except that SHUTWOWN would REBOOT after a few seconds.

I decided not to try again with the existing KEXTS.
I started to look in the BIOS and I changed the REMOTE WAKE-UP to DISABLED.
Well, now my Lions shuts down properly.
I hope this helps...a small contribution from a Hackintosh beginner.

same problem with me!! im running ML10.8 and mainboard is gigabyte z77p-d3 :( no help so far

This worked like a charm, PME event were on, disabled all works well. i7 3770k GA-Z77 UD5H

hi buddy, u gotta be running uefi bios right?? which version is yours? mine is F6

hi...which motherboard are you using? ive got a giga z77pd3 but canot find PME mode... pls help

Solution | GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5H

i cant find the "PME Event wake up" in my Gigabyte BIOS (Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H). I think the new Mobos havent this option in their BIOS menu... But i tried to disable the "Wake on Lan"... seems solving the problem, too. ;)

Last edited:
I have the unwanted restart problem after shutdown too. I am running High Sierra on an Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3.0. On Windows the same problem exists until you turn off fast-boot in advanced energy settings. So I guess the issue is related to software as Windows is able to shutdown properly with correct settings. Has anyone a solution for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back