Motherboard
Gigabyte z170X
CPU
Intel i7 7700K
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 980Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi everyone. I have a Hackintosh with AMD Vega 64 and an i7-7700K.

Since I have a Vega card, I immediately set "iMacPro1,1" SMBIOS with the new version of Clover Configurator.
But as soon as I save the config.plist, the system doesn't boot anymore. It gets stuck at "OsxAptioFix2Drv" verbose boot screen. Could it be a drivers64UEFI related problem?

Hi everyone. I have a Hackintosh with AMD Vega 64 and an i7-7700K.

Since I have a Vega card, I immediately set "iMacPro1,1" SMBIOS with the new version of Clover Configurator.
But as soon as I save the config.plist, the system doesn't boot anymore. It gets stuck at "OsxAptioFix2Drv" verbose boot screen. Could it be a drivers64UEFI related problem?

I have been eyeing the Vega and it looks like the one in the iMac Pro is the Vega Pro 64, whereas the PC one is the Vega RX 64. Perhaps no difference, but I've been keeping an eye as I want 10-bit display and the Pro will do it (the RX won't). They might be completely different, for all I know.

As for the stuck-ness, try checking (in Clover) ACPI:Fix Regions and Boot:slide=0. I had problems with Thunderbolt interfering with my 1080 and this fixed it. Good luck!

I think you should use a system definition that matches your CPU, not your GPU. For the 7700k, imac18,3 is probably a better option. as for Vega support, it is my understanding that native support will come with 10.13.3 (it is also available in the iMac pro specific version of 10.13.2, but you cannot get that without an actual iMac pro).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back